1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will leveling kit effect ride quality?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by maddy1009, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Aug 10, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    maddy1009

maddy1009 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Madison
    Adairsville, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner trd off road
    I am looking to buy a leveling kit for my 06 tacoma. Will it effect ride quality that much and if it will is there anything i can do to fix it? Thanks

2. Aug 10, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    Twony

Twony Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    South Philthy
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD 6 speed 4x4
    Got alot I want to do but we'll see, that's what the forum is for...
    I don't think so, I did a 2 inch leveling kit up front. Basically a spacer between the strut and the body where the strut stud mounts. Got an alignment and all good. Make sure to rotate more often, every 3-5k. Tires get choppy b/c we couldn't get my camber out as much as it should of with the lift but thats just b/c of the factory design of the truck.

--twony--

3. Aug 10, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    Twony

Twony Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    South Philthy
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD 6 speed 4x4
    Got alot I want to do but we'll see, that's what the forum is for...
    A georgia boy? I grew up near Athens, UGA !!! Miss da south but work keeps me up in Philly... the stupidest question is the one not asked

4. Aug 10, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    not if you do it right. i don't know about the 2nd gens but my spacer made my ride quality alot worse. I bottom out on speed bumps and holes in the road. a leveled truck with a little bigger tires looks ALOT better than stock. just don't cut corners and throw a spacer in.

5. Aug 11, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    maddy1009

maddy1009 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Madison
    Adairsville, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner trd off road
    o yeah born and raised right here! gotta go where the money takes you. thanks for the help everyone!

6. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    Gabex35

Gabex35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited 4x4 Crewmax
    was the 1/4 spacer done to the front or rear?

7. Aug 11, 2010 at 10:40 PM
    2blu4u

2blu4u Human after all

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink Sport
    TRD exhaust, Pro Comp leveling kit, MB wheels, Yoko Geolander tires, black Grillcraft grill, BHLM, Pop-n-Lock, Access bed cover, Katzkin leather with seat heaters, custom console cover, shorter black billet antenna, Street Performance Throttle Body Spacer, bed mat, and bed extender.
    I had a Pro Comp Leveling Kit put on my 07 a year ago and I have not noticed any difference in ride quality.

8. Aug 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    just had a leveling kit put in my 03 Xtra cab and I can't notice a difference in ride quality.

9. Aug 11, 2010 at 11:06 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    x2. couldnt have said it any better myself.

10. Aug 12, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    So how much taller than stock is this setup? I have the TSB springs in the back.

11. Aug 12, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    Thanks for the photos Brock. I'm wondering if I can get away with not adding the Toytec TSB AAL and just leaving the rear alone (w/ TSB) but use the Eibach/Toytec springs with the 5100 set @ 0. I was only planning to use the TRD springs w/ the 5100 set @ 1.75 and the 1/4" spacer on the driver side until I saw this thread and liked your setup. My reasoning is that with the 5100 set at 1.75 and TRD spring you achieve about the same amount as the Eibach w/ 5100 set at 0 of 1.61". Sound crazy or am I off with this?

Sorry for the thread jack.

Fedup13 likes this.
  12. Aug 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    the reason for the new springs is that you will have a better ride. using the billys to lift stretches out your coils making them not ride as smooth. thats why the eibach coils paired with the dampening of the billys would give you the best ride.

13. Aug 13, 2010 at 2:56 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for all the help guys. After taking measurements of my mostly stock TRD rig, there's 2-5/8" difference (F to R) on the driver's side and 2-7/8" on the passenger side. This is measured at the CL of the tire on level ground from the ground to the fender. Stock suspension in front and 4-leaf TSB in rear. Does that sound about average?

Brock, you changed my mind about using the TRD springs with the 5100 and I'm now in the market for Eibach's. I'm wondering what my options are if I need just a little more than 1.6" in the front to level her out. I'm going to use the 1/4" spacer on the driver's side to correct the lean. The only two options I see (if I need more than 1.6") is adding a spacer (which I only read negative things about) and compress the Eibach (to .85 on the 5100) which to me seems counter-productive. Am I missing another option? Just wondering.

14. Aug 13, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    OME makes lift coils. 884 would level it and the 885's would be for a 3" lift

Products Discussed in

To Top