1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

window rattle and squeak

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by fango, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Aug 27, 2008 at 10:09 AM
    fango

fango [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ithaca NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Sport 4x4
    hi all,

i wanted a tacoma since i was a little kid, and after driving my grandma's buick for many (excellent) years, the time has come.

so despite increased gas prices I'm happy to drive a vehicle that can carry all my crap and get me wherever I need to go. there are a couple of issues, the most pressing at the moment is this squeak/rattle.

It's an '06 trd sport access cab, 4wd, no mods. got it at 45k miles, and it came with a rattling window on rough roads when the window is rolled down. not a big deal. you can also hear the rattle when you close the door with the window open. rolling the window up a bit prevents the rattle.

at about 47k miles the rattle developed a squeak on top. same behavior, rolling up prevents the squeak, but it squeaks even on smooth pavement. prevents me from ever having my window all the way down. while the rattle is down in the door, the squeak sounds closer to the side mirror.

anyone else had this problem? I'm not comfortable tearing apart the door on something so expensive...at least not without some idea of what I'm looking for. are there window bushings/guides?

dave

2. Aug 27, 2008 at 10:25 AM
    zombot

zombot Scavenger

Member:
    savannah
    Vehicle:
    08 white debadged panda
    bull bar and offroad lights, tool box and other minor storage mods
    same problem here with my new 08. only driver's side from what i can tell.
    finally went away when i got an inline ventvisor with the windows rolled up snug, but recently i think it's come BACK.

yeah i'd love to hear a quick solution that doesn't require ripping my door apart.

3. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:16 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    my 04 does it too.......with the window down, it rattles, and when you close the door with thw window down, it rattles more. im pretty sure the only solution is to take the door panel off and tighten where the window sits between, and also maybe lube up the run channel. my 04, im pretty sure, is a little different than the 06, but probably the same basis. i'll let you know what i find when i take my door panel off.

4. Aug 30, 2008 at 9:24 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Make sure the trim along the window chanel is snugged into where it belongs. They just press in and if for some reason it sticks to the window, when you roll the window down, it can pull it a little loose and start a squeak. Also, if you drink soda, coffe, etc., in your truck, take some windex, or whatever, and clean the window channel out really good in case there is a little junk in the chanell. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top