1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

window regulator handle removal

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by majestic47, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Jan 5, 2009 at 4:07 PM
    majestic47

majestic47 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I've got a 2006 tacoma and I'm trying to remove the front drivers side window roll up handle. looking at the manual it shows a rag being shoved around the handle then pulling downward. going for some retaining ring? anyways, the picture makes it look like its some sort of magic trick. I tried it, didnt work. that little plastic ring in there I ripped out hoping that solve something but I still cant see what exactly I'm supposed to do. so how do you get that handle out of there?

2. Jan 6, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    lsocoee

lsocoee My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    You're going to have a tough time getting a response, because most of the people here have power windows. I know Beeftaco is a Toyota Technician. Try to send him a private message and he'll probably get back to you.

3. Jan 6, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    OME Lift W/886 Coils LR UCA's Daker Leaf Packs 265/75/16 Duratracs N-Fab Steps UWS low pro box Carhartt Seat Covers/Door Inserts/Console Cover Relentless Fab Rear Bumper/Tailgate Skin Bed Mat DB Fab Grille Insert with Baja Designs Cube LED's Bulletproof Fab Engine Tray/Lower Grille Insert .50 Cal Antenna/Valve Stem Covers Custom Fab Console Lock Box Custom Shift Knob Dash Mat Window Tint Rugged Ridge Floor Mats Blacked Out Emblems Color Matched Grill Surround OEM Front Aluminum Skid Plate G-Tek Door Sill Protectors Wheelskins Steering Wheel Cover EGR In Channel Vent Visors FJ emblem on the tailgate Fab Fours front bumper Northstar battery TRD battery tie down
    If you go by a parts store you can get a little tool (normally over in that section that has all the nick nacks in red packaging, I think they say help on them all) it is shaped like a Y. All you should have to do is slide that behind the handle and it will slide off a little retaining spring. I know thats how my 97 is, knowing Toyota I doubt they changed it.

To Top