1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Window slide problem/fix

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Anthony999, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Feb 19, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    Anthony999

Anthony999 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
    So about three months ago I was hanging out with some friends, and when we were gonna go somewhere, I couldnt open my driver side door all the way, so I used some force to open it (VERY BAD IDEA). The peice that holds the door from swinging all the way open caught onto my window slide, so I couldnt roll down my window. I bent it back in place as best as I could, and it got bad again, so I ordered a replacement peice from Toyota($45) and fixed it myself.

I dont know if this could happen to someone else, so I took some pics of the problem and the fix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bent piece:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old compared to new:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Piece installed and if you look a little to the right of the new piece, you can see where it caught on to the slide:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Apr 4, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    couldbriding

couldbriding Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    Leer XL Truck Cap USA Spec DF-Toy Interface Leather Door Inserts WeatherTech floor mats Pop n Lock XM Satellite Radio with Pro.fit mount
    Wow, thanks for the write up. I had this happen to my truck today. The wind grabbed a hold of my door while I was opening it and, wham... took it wide open. My door catches just before it closes and the window will only go half way down. Do you have a part number for this? I am positive it is my problem.

Thanks!

3. Apr 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    Anthony999

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
    I dont have the part number anymore, but ill try and find it for you

4. Apr 7, 2009 at 5:21 AM
    couldbriding

couldbriding Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    Leer XL Truck Cap USA Spec DF-Toy Interface Leather Door Inserts WeatherTech floor mats Pop n Lock XM Satellite Radio with Pro.fit mount
  5. Apr 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    Anthony999

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma

Products Discussed in

To Top