1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

windshield cab visors, where did they go?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by chuck gautier, May 29, 2015.

?

Who sells windshield cab visors for 99 to 2004 tacomas?

Poll closed Jun 28, 2015.
  1. new at this

100.0%
  2. dont have a clue what possible responses means.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. May 29, 2015 at 10:49 PM
    chuck gautier

chuck gautier [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chuck
    Vehicle:
    2004 tacoma SR5 limited prerunner
    lift kit, bully bar, over sized tires, bed cover,hood scoop.
    I bought my first tacoma crew cab new in 2003, I test drove the 2.7 4cyl and the 6 cyl, didnt really notice that much of a difference for the $3000 plus dollars for the 6 so I went with the larger of the two 4cyls. Put a 3 inch lift, 295 tires, aftermarket hood scoop, bully bars and lights, fiberglass lid on the bed, custom step bars, roof racks and the finishing touch was the windshield cab visor. Scoop, bed lid and visor all painted silver like the truck, I drove it 11 years, did nothing but tires, windshield wipers, one set of brakes, always Mobil One synthetic oil at 3 to 4 thousand miles, K&N air filter.That truck never let me down. My dad used to come down to Florida every year for a week or two visit. He saw my tacoma in 04 and was so impressed when he got back home he went tacoma shopping, he's never been a good negotiator so Im sure he paid full price. He got the Limited Edition SR5 prerunner off road with the 6 cyl. He calls me out of the blue a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted his truck (for free!) it freaked me out a little, he said his legs have been giving him problems climbing in and out and just didnt drive it much. I am the only son and he wanted to offer it to me before the sisters. I hatched a plan; sell my truck for $12000, use about $8000 to pay off some credit cards. Then with what was left over get the lift kit,larger tires, bully bar, fiber glass lid, scoop and so on. So I wind up with a one year newer truck with a 6cyl and 65000 less miles than mine for free. My truck sold fast, too fast. Had a lot of good memories and silver is my favorite color. My dads truck is like a maroon / red color, it's growing on me but I may down the road have it painted silver, Ok thanks for reading all this but here is my question and im hoping someone out there can help me; I want to put a windshield cab visor on my dads truck but cant find one anywhere; iv'e tride autoparts warehouse where I originally bought mine, Rock auto, advanced auto, auto zone, pep boys, jc whitney, napa, even ebay and Amazon plus all the other online truck part places I could find. And no one carries it, I see plenty for tacomas 05 thru 09 and plenty for chevys, fords and dodges. Anyone got an idea on where I can pic one up at? suncoastremodeling@outlook.com is my email or I'll try to keep a daily eye on this site, Thanks for your time, Chuck in St, Pete Fl.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 29, 2015 at 11:09 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was going to say JC Whitney, they seem to have everything bolt on.

Have you tried the manufacturer websites directly? Lund, for example.

3. May 31, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    chuck gautier

chuck gautier [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chuck
    Vehicle:
    2004 tacoma SR5 limited prerunner
    lift kit, bully bar, over sized tires, bed cover,hood scoop.
    Thanks, yes I checked JC Whitney and only found domestics, chevy, ford, dodge etc. I was told that Lund sold their business. I havent tried Lund.com but will, thanks.

4. May 31, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
  5. May 31, 2015 at 6:11 PM
    conifers4

conifers4 Tired and Broke

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB 4X4
    Visors were all the rage back in the day. I kinda miss them too.

6. Dec 4, 2017 at 7:13 PM
    TRD Pro girl

TRD Pro girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro
    I love the look of these. Thanks for the info

Products Discussed in

To Top