1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Windshield re-seat? How to tell if Truck was in accident?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco93, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Dec 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM
    Taco93

Taco93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Milton, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Weathertech Floor Liners
    The 06 Tacoma I purchased last week had its windshield replaced at one point but the person that done it performed a very sloppy job. ( The trim all around the outside has the black gook smeared pretty badly..)I was thinking of getting a professional to fix it up but I'm not sure if he will be able to save the windshield or break it taking it off to clean it up and do it properly. Any suggestions on places that could do this job and how much do you think it would cost? I was thinking of Speedy or Apple Auto Glass but I want it to look like the windshield was never replaced...

Also, curiosity got the best of me and now I'm wondering if anything else had happened to this truck before me...I got the carfax and it shows nothing. Is there anything I could look for that may indicate it was in a collision ? Maybe it was just a rock that broke the windshield before..... which I'm hoping......Thanks

2. Dec 14, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    BeefTaco

BeefTaco WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST

Member:
    Santa Cruz County Ca.
    There should be small vin stickers on both fenders at the top edge also the hood should have one also the doors. Check with a dealership ask who does there glass and have them look at it.

3. Dec 14, 2008 at 3:36 PM
    BONES

BONES Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 w/TRD Offroad pkg
    AFE 'Pro-Dry S' OE air filter, Westin bull-nose guard & side steps, TSB leaf pack, TSB intake-hose, rubber bed mat, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos, Stubbie 21" antenna, Goodridge G-Stop s/s brake lines
    Maybe the previous owner had the windshield TSB done.

4. Dec 16, 2008 at 2:04 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I had to replace my windshield less than a year old due to a rock.

Does everything else line up like the hood, doors etc? Any difference in paint? Don't know how you could really tell. I'd suspect that just the windshield was replaced which is pretty common.

5. Dec 16, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    That stinks on the piss poor urethane job they did. Find a real good glass shop and they should be able to pull it and re-urethane it properly without busting the glass. That's the hard part.
    Dead giveaway on collision work is checking the body bolts. Look for signs of tampering with them, wrench marks so on. Check the lay of the paint under heavy flourescent lighting. If the orange peel is not even it's probably been repainted. They all have a slight amount of orange peel from the factory. Last but not least, look at another similar, known clean, Tacoma to compare. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top