1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Winter: Do I NEED To Get Out Of My Stock BFGs? (Rugged Trail)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by IrishPilot, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Oct 22, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    Just pondering a tire purchase, and curious if I really need to ditch the stock (BFG Rugged Trail) on my Off-Road. Ive got to get through MN winters and if its really that big of a deal in regards to snow and ice...well so be it.

Whats the deal...whats everyones experience with the Rugged Trail in Winter? FWIW Im looking at All Terrain types (Firestone Destination, BFG ATs, and the like)

2. Oct 22, 2009 at 2:50 PM
    trtripoli

trtripoli lower management

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 4,0 L, 6M, Dbl Cab, TRD Off Road
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling
    I thought my rugged trails were ok in the snow when I had 4 wheel drive on.. I drove home last winter and it snowed close to half of the time (~8 hrs) and it was mostly night driving so roads weren't plowed very well and I had no problems. I never took them off road so I can't commit there. I however bought the BFG A/T this time. I'm hoping they are better with large amounts of snow that doesn't get plowed here in Colorado.

Products Discussed in

To Top