1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Winter weather driving.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Finphan, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    rmd0311

rmd0311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dutchess County, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 Mag Gray TRD Sport
    Not sure what the market is in other places for tires. But here is an example. My 08 stocks removed within a month for some SilentArmors. Sold stock tires for $350 for all 4.

Wife's 08 Highlander same. Sold stockies for about 360 and bought some Revo's. Yes Revo's on a highlander and they look great and perform even better.

Now with the 10, I removed the stockies pretty much the week I got the truck. Sold them for $400 and got me the Revo's as well.

So can this not be done in other places. Or do people just have ethical problems selling used yet new tires. Craigslist is AWESOME.

2. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    valleythunder

valleythunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Dahlgren, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC/LB
    Deeper snow is always better to drive in.:D:D Here in my part of VA ( @18") they didn't clear roads until last night... :mad::mad::mad: DAM IT!!!!! Truck drove great with stock bridgestones.. can't wait to get my lift and tires installed... DC/LB with LEER cap.......

3. Dec 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    S-M-R-T

S-M-R-T Well-Known Member

Member:
    The 4wd switch can make any crappy all terrains work well enough. At least you think so until you need to brake quickly then you realize that you are often over driving the conditions without knowing it. Quality winter tires are a must for anyone who drives in the winter. I am not saying that 4x4 should not be used; I am saying that if your vehicle is properly equipped you shouldn't need 4x4 in the winter that often.

The snowflake symbol is a good start but the standards are too lax to mean much. You spent the time time to research before you bought your truck. Spend the time to research the tires you put on it.

4. Dec 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM
    NorthXNorthwest

NorthXNorthwest Well-Known Member

Member:
    Myrtle Creek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport DC 4X4 Not Debaged
    BHLM, Ultra Mammoths, Husky mats, K&N non true CAI, window tint, Avid Steps and light bar.
    Can help to put some ballast in the bed over the rear axle if you cannot afford some new rubber right away. It is not an end-all be all solution but may make enough of a difference to get you by for the time being.

5. Dec 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    JONNY TACO

JONNY TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA.
    Vehicle:
    DARK METALLIC GRAY -DOUBLE CAB SHORT BED
    ADVANTAGE TONNEAU COVER,TOYOTA BED LINER, POP&LOCK TAILGATE LOCK, SIDE TUBES, WIFE IN PASSENGER SEAT
    Really don't know what the problem is with the stock tires. I have the Bridgestone brand. I was concerned about driving in the snow but I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM.I am a hunter and get into some nasty conditions. I just came from hunting geese in a field with 10 inches of snow in it. Drove in unloaded my decoys and drove out. Drove in loaded up the decoys and drove out. NO PROBLEM. Also drive on old logigng roads with snow and mud. Some of you have more spendable money than I to dump perfectly good tires.

6. Dec 21, 2009 at 1:46 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    I had Bridgestone Dueler A/Ts before on other trucks and I was very happy with them. The Dunflop AT20s on the other hand...:mad:

7. Dec 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    10silvertaco

10silvertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vehicle:
    no longer own Tacoma, now own 2011 Outback
    I have stock BFG. I had no problem with it during bad winter storm last week. Slide a little, not much. I was planning to get different tires on Feburuary or March 2010, when I get refund from tax.

Products Discussed in

To Top