1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiper Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by A_Ninja_Racer, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Sep 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    ok so I got into my truck today while it was raining out side put my wipers onto intermitent and they were going at the regular wiper speed no mater what I put the intermitant selecter on when I moved it to the normal speed nothing really happened it just kept wiping at regular speed and when I put it on high it started wiping at the faster pace. then when I turned the wipers off it shut off the wiperes but lifted them back up about and inch. It kept doing this as I kept messing with the switch but after 15 minutes of messing with it it went back to normal and hasent duplicated since. Has anyone else run into something like this? Is this something that Toyota knows about and can fix or is this going to be one of those gost issues that the dealer can't fix because they can't duplicate it. Let me know if you guys have ever heard of this?

2. Sep 18, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Mine did the same thing about a month ago. did it on and off for about 2 weeks. Has not been a problem for 3 weeks.

I also started a thread about it. didn't get any other owners who said they have experienced the same problem so I'm guessing it's pretty rare.

My 08 DC just passed the 36,000 mile mark, so I guess if it haPPENS again and becomes a problem the fix is on my nickle.

Products Discussed in

To Top