1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring Help please!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 05tundra13, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jan 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    05tundra13

05tundra13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Simi Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 tundra doublecab
    Alright guys so I want to have a little fun with my truck and install the vision led rock lights, but have them be able to wire into the headlights and taillights for when i lock my truck they flash as well. BUT also have a way so that it won't be drawing power from my battery constantly. Since I would still want to run the rock light by themselves and have full control over them.

i figured get a black seas fuse box, get a on off switch, some extra wires, splice the rock lights into the headlights/tiallights...then...ya. I'm not a pro at electrical wiring but it seems easy enough.

thanks guys.

2. Jan 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    If you simply tap the lights into the flashers, the rock lights will come on every time you use your turn signals. You need to tap for power further upstream so they only come on when the doors are locked/unlocked. Also, as stated above, an automotive relay would be a necessary for this install and you do not need a separate fuse block, an in-line fuse would be sufficient. You'd almost have to give the lights 2 power sources, one being the lock/unlock and the other being keyed power so they don't drain your battery. Whenever you feed 1 thing with 2 power sources, make sure you use a diode so power doesn't backfeed to the other source.

3. Jan 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    05tundra13

05tundra13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Simi Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 tundra doublecab
    would love the help. I'm still kind of lost on how to do a relay and all that.

4. Jan 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    You said the tail lights and headlights flash when you lock the truck? On my Tacoma the turn signals flash, not the parking lights. Do you have an aftermarket alarm?

Products Discussed in

To Top