1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring Help!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by regcabtaco, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Sep 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    regcabtaco

regcabtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    idaho
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma sr5
    OK I'm installing my hella lights today and i was wondering if I should mount the relay outside my cab or inside? Also I am wondering how can I run wires into my truck from the engine compartment without drilling holes into my cab.

2. Sep 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Mount the relay under the hood then you don't have to run higher current into the cab. You only need to run one wire threw the cab. Just the relay coil negative. You can grab the relay positive from I'd take it from the existing high beam on the drivers side. It's a pink wire.

To the switch with that coil negative from the switch to ground. You should have room to sneak one small wire threw the firewall by the existing wires.

If you don't want to go into the fuse box under the hood get power directly from the positive battery terminal and fuse the new circuit. Things depend on it though that you never said. Like what kind of switch. One wire would be just a two terminal switch. If it's got a indicator then you need two wires. A positive from the positive side of the coil and a negative form the negative side.

Depending on the light current you may have to run the high current part 12 gauge or even bigger wires. Depends what you have . You didn't say.

3. Sep 25, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    Check where the main harness goes through on the drivers side. You can put your finger in there and fish some wires there. I went next to the harness and pull a small hole in the grommet and fed the wires through. The will come out above the brake pedal.

Products Discussed in

To Top