1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring issue on Hella 500's converted to HID's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by t.robert, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    t.robert

t.robert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab 4x4 Off-Road Package
    TSB in rear, 5100 in front, Limo tint all the way around, 50% tint on windshield, Grillcraft grille, 4 Hella 500 lights mounted behind grille, XDI intake, URD short shifter
    I know i am going to sound like a bit of a newbie here but I really need some help.
    I had 4 hella 500's mounted behind my grille and no issues with power or wiring. I just converted them all to HID's and now as soon as I flip the switch it blows the fuse on the wiring kit. Temporarily I just by passed the fuse to make sure all my lights work which they do but the power wire got really hot really quick.

Do I just need to buy a fuse that allows more power or do I need to use a smaller gauge wire?

Thanks

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    SocalMGM

SocalMGM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 Longbed
    Spindle lift, Bilstein 5100's on all corners, Ultragauge, CB radio, BFG all-terrains 285/75/16, satoshi grille, Desert guy's Light bar, 4 Hella 700's converted to HID, 5000k HID headlights, 3000k HID foglights, Raceline "predator" wheels
    What size fuse are you currently running? Are you running all 4 lights to one switch?

To Top