1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by luk8272, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Mar 31, 2008 at 8:46 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Going to install my 3" lift tomorrow if it dosen't rain and my daughter lets. I'll be taking pictures thorugh out, and post them when I'm done. :cool:

2. Mar 31, 2008 at 8:51 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    Good Luck!

3. Mar 31, 2008 at 9:04 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    good luck luk

4. Mar 31, 2008 at 9:25 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Hey good luck on the install definately want to see pics!

5. Apr 1, 2008 at 7:15 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Started setting up and getting tools ready around 7:30, then it started to rain. So I moved across the street to my grandmothers carport. I was by myself and had never put a lift on a new vehicle like this so it was slow going. I also don't own very many metric tools, I over looked that. But I have enought to get by. I got the drivers side apart and was about to compress the spring when a buddy of mine showed up and started helping out that was nice and made things go smooth he is a mechanic by trade and carries all his tools in his truck. Now we were flying, air tools are great. Sorry I didn't take more pictures, between my daughter (3 yrs) and my hands being too dirty to handle my camera these are the only pictures I took today. When the truck was done I just played outside until after dark. Here they are.

Factory
    [​IMG]

Front finished. The ground isn't all that level, makes it look extreme.
    [​IMG]

The rain stopped so we moved to the back yard and the "A" Frame. Kinda redneck I know, could have been a tree.
    [​IMG]

The final Product of my labor.
    [​IMG]

It took about 2 hrs to do the front, including the diff. drop and the skid plate.
    We moved on to the drive shaft and put those little spacers in also, not sure how much good they are, then we moved the truck to the back yard which is across the street from my grandmothers to lift the entire rear of the truck and start to install the 1&1/2" blocks and the new break lines. Finished around 1:30. We stopped to eat and fix the threads on one of the "U" bolts. Other than that easy going. Now to find some rims and tires. :D

6. Apr 1, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    After lifting the front I find that my ball joints look like they are in a bind. Does that settle out after time or does it stay that way? Thus far it rides very nice and is in perfect woking order. I drove it over some ruff ass roads and pastures to find or make a problem. Then checked the nuts and bolts everything was fine.

7. Apr 1, 2008 at 8:57 PM
    ToyoComp

ToyoComp Addicted Mod'r

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD Off Road DC
    Sway-A-Way Race Runner 2.5 coil over (3" lift) & Icon 2.5 rear shocks on RXT springs, Total Chaos UCA, ToyTec differential drop, Tom Woods Driveshaft, SpiderTrax spacers, 8128 Pro Comp wheels, Toyo Open Country RT 285/70/17, DT Long Tube headers, URD MAF, TRD CAI & exhaust, Line-X coated Famous Fabrication front bumper, Demello Sliders and rear bumper, Wet Okole covers, Rigid LED spot, driving & fog, bed mat, debadged & EBC Stage 4 rotors and pads
    Looks good...will look even better with some 33's! Thanks for the pictures...always helpful to see the process.

8. Apr 1, 2008 at 9:12 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Looks good man!

9. Apr 2, 2008 at 9:47 AM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    That's Hot..... (I now owe Paris Hilton $1.00) It does need some bigger tires to fill it out, and some mud to make it look pretty.

10. Apr 2, 2008 at 10:41 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    looks good, now just get some beefy tires to throw on there :)

11. Apr 4, 2008 at 8:20 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    ToyoComp How do you like the tires on your truck. I was thinking about going with procomp for my rims and tires?

12. Apr 4, 2008 at 8:24 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    looks kickass,luk!!!

Products Discussed in