1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wood ramps

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by wildforager, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jan 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    tacomajim5

tacomajim5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    2.5" lift. Bilstein shocks all the way around, Falken Rocky mountain ats2 265/70/17, BHLM, thrush welded muffler, bed liner undercarriage, fender flares and rocker panels, nfab light bar, led off-road lights, grillcraft grill with old Toyota emblem, secondary air filter removed, cb radio, extra hooks in bed, removed front mud flaps, painted pinch weld black.
    I used the same style ramps for my yamaha blaster. That of course is much lighter than your quad. I use the same ramps now for my crf250r dirt bike. They work good for lighter things but a heavier quad you may want to look into a steel or aluminum set. Unless you want to reinforce the hell out of the wood, but in that case they are going to way a ton and still not be as strong. Try looking at harbor freight tools. They usually have good sales on ramps.

2. Jan 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    drupp

drupp Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    I have folding ramps that I've used to for an EX. Once loaded, just fold the ramps and slide them under the quad. Very convenient.

3. Jan 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    wildforager

wildforager [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Oh, I didn't realize they would be narrow enough to go between the wheels. They are only 22" when folded and the width between tires is 27". That will work perfectly.

Never had a pickup truck so I still have a little learning curve with this stuff. hahahaha - not rocket science.......

Thanks.

4. Jan 28, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    wildforager

wildforager [OP] Active Member

Member:
    ordered them from harborfreight

5. Jan 28, 2010 at 5:49 AM
    Bryan07sport

Bryan07sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Smyrna, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD off-road.
    Bilstein 6112/5100. Icon progressive AAL. Overland Torque Tune. Toyota roof rack. Toyota bed extender. Gator trifold tonneau. Bora .75" wheel spacers. 265/75r16 tires.
    i've been using the lowes wooden ones forever for my motorcycles. 400+ lbs not including me. One thing that makes it REAL easy when i'm solo is parking my truck in the street with the back tires up against my curb. makes the ramp a really gradual incline. Just an FYI that makes it easier for those who hadn't thought of it

6. Jan 28, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    My only advice with the wooden ramps is, put some grip tape on them. They get real slippery when even just a little wet. i dumped my Triumph off the ramps loading it in to my Ranger. That was an expensive lesson.

To Top