1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Worst dealership in New Hampshire

Discussion in 'North East' started by EFG, May 27, 2022.

1. May 27, 2022 at 1:46 AM
    EFG

EFG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    factory lift kit, Stinger Off Road Stereo, Customized leather interior, Backflip X4S Tonneau,
    Canobie Lake Toyota, Salem New Hampshire

Old school deception and sales tactics.
    I answered an add for a vehicle and they texted me back saying it was on its way, wouldn’t last and how quick could I get there with a deposit.
    I asked a few questions and the answers always went back to “when or how soon can you come in” I had a check there for a refundable deposit with in an hour as the Salesman had requested.
    I went in a few days later and the games started.
    I gave the salesman my keys to do an evaluation on my trade. I also told him that I had just had my vehicle appraised for trade at 2 other dealerships and an online service and what the numbers where (all where close $18,500 to $19049) and that I had documentation of that.
    He leaves me with all kinds of paperwork to fill out…none of witch was relevant, insurance, financing and registration…We hadn’t even talked price yet..for the vehicle or my trade and he’s asking about payment options
    He comes back 20 min later and offers me $15k for my vehicle. I say no thank you show him the documentation on my trade for $18,860 on a very similar vehicle I had on order.I ask for my keys back, he goes to get them and comes back 10 min later without my keys and says we will give you $17500 for your vehicle . Just like that another $2500 just because I asked? Wow!
    I said no thank you now please give me my keys and deposit check back…he leaves again! Another 10 min go by so I go looking for him…I find him and who I learn is his manager sitting a chatting at a table.
    I see and take my keys off the table and ask for my deposit check back…The manager says a check is being processed…I ask why? I just gave you the deposit check Thursday afternoon ..it’s first thing Sat morning…Did you cash my deposit check already? Manager says sorry but tells me I can come back later or he can mail it to me., I was pretty agitated by now so I told him to mail it.
    The following Thursday comes…that’s 4 business and 6 days total..no check…I email and text the salesman and ask where’s my checked..He gets back to me end of day and tells me a check was made out on Tuesday and sent out..What happened to Saturday? It was being made out Saturday if I wanted to wait or come back after lunch I could have it Saturday ..They where obviously lying and it was just a ploy to get me to stay or come back in…
    The taking my keys, keeping me hostage, long walks back and forth to the managers office, deflecting answers, fake negotiation, dodging the subject of price with payment are all deceptive old school tactics to bleed you dry and very very wrong. There are some great dealerships in New Hampshire but this is not one of them..Run don’t walk RUN away from this one…

By the way, the truck I ordered from another dealer (that’s awesome and I’ll post about) in New Hampshire came in a few days later. They honored the trade price and it couldn’t have gone any smoother….

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    AeroCooper, jackn7 and davidstacoma like this.
  2. May 27, 2022 at 2:15 AM
    super_white

super_white Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
    When I was in the market for a car (Corolla was totaled, got rear ended) I stop in to a local used car place and looked at a couple cars.
    I was looking at a Honda Accord. I forget the price of the car but when I was talking with the salesman he became more and more pressuring about signing papers there and then.
    I didn't like the monthly payment so he kept going back and forth to the sales manager, I kept feeling uneasy so when he left for the second time, I walked out the door.

3. May 27, 2022 at 6:00 PM
    HisDad

HisDad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas at last
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tacoma SR5 Double Cab
    If I was at a dealer and they wouldn't give me back my keys, I'd call 9-1-1 and tell the police that someone was trying to steal my car.

4. May 29, 2022 at 2:21 PM
    Larzzzz

Larzzzz Grande' Ricardo

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    MA
    Vehicle:
    '06 dclb 350+ kmiles
    Aux back up lights, Bed lights, Re-located trailer plug, Good dooby, a.k.a. jumper cable mod, Heated seats, back up camera,
    I'm being held against my will and they have my money.

PzTank and HisDad[QUOTED] like this.
  5. May 29, 2022 at 3:00 PM
    EFG

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    factory lift kit, Stinger Off Road Stereo, Customized leather interior, Backflip X4S Tonneau,
    By the way
    I STILL haven’t got my deposit back.
    This started Thu May 19….I got them a $500 deposit check within an hour
    Went in 9 am Sat May 21…..left an hour later pissed off…my deposit check was gone and they where making out a new one I could pick up after lunch…
    I said mail it they said absolutely no problem
    Wed May 25 no check I email and text the salesman …no response
    Thur May 26 late in the day I get an email from the salesman saying a check was made out and sent in the mail on Tue May 24….WTF?
    I sent him back an email saying he and the manager must have been lying when they said a check was being processed and sent out when I was there on Sat May 21 but I wasn’t surprised they would lie to again…
    It’s now Sunday May 29 and I still haven’t seen a check…a full week later…
    So Tue May 31 check or not I am going to drive up to the show room in my 2022 Army Green Sport that I picked up on Sat and sit at the entrance of the dealership with a sign that says “THIEVES - Stay away”…I’m going hang out and eat a sandwich for an hour or so or until the cops make me leave…
    I will do it again and again if I can…I have left bad yelp and car dealer sight reviews…I will tell everyone and anyone I can about this horrible dealer…
    They have made this a mission and I have accepted their challenge
    F Canobie Lake Toyota!
    F Canobie Lake Toyota!
    F Canobie Lake Toyota!
    And please remember
    F Canobie Lake Toyota
    In Salem, NH

bush rat, tcjacado and davidstacoma like this.
  6. May 30, 2022 at 11:36 AM
    Merling

Merling Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black Tacoma TRD OR
    RCI IFS Skid Eibach Stage 2 Explore Overland Sliders
    Who did you talk to? I bought my Tacoma there. I did not have a trade in.

I had gone in before and the guy I talked to initially wasn't there. The dude was trying old school tactics to me. I went back to the first guy afterwards, citing that I did not appreciate the run around. Anyways, Edwin didn't b.s. me and I got 500$ off msrp and was pretty painless when I finally got the tacoma and had my own financing ready to compare what they offered. First time buying a truck and they had made it easy for me. That being said, they've since changed ownership which is why its Canobie Lake Toyota not Rockingham Toyota now.

7. May 30, 2022 at 11:57 AM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    I’ve only bought 2 trucks from a dealership.
    “I” never had a problem.

I can’t say the same for the salesman.
    He literally told me “I was full of $hit”.

And yeah, I bought the truck.

tcjacado likes this.
  8. May 30, 2022 at 1:09 PM
    EFG

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I was dealing with a jerk off named Christian…He’s just doing what he was taught…the real villain is the cowardice sales manager he answers to and was sitting with…. I didn’t get his name but I will get it..
    A full week and I still haven’t seen a check…I’m more than a little pissed off about it..But Won’t let them get the best of me…I’ll handle it like a gentleman…

I’m Writing emails and letters to Toyota about this.
    I’m going to make sure I review this dealership every possible place I can find a way to review them..

Merling[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jun 23, 2022 at 5:07 PM
    EFG

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Up Date
    I got my $500 back
    It took 3 weeks during which I called, texted, and emailed the sales idiot many times
    I finally got out of work early enough to drive out there and confront them.
    The reason I didn’t get the check was a problem with the post office…It was returned to the dealer and they had it.
    Here is the sequence
    My original deposit check was immediately cashed before I could even negotiate a deal.
    So I got them the deposit within an hour of them contacting me about a truck.
    I have an appointment for 2 days later to negotiate and buy a truck.
    That negotiation falls through they have to make me out a new check and promise to do so that day but it will take a few hours…I say mail it (my fault there)
    They then wait 5 days to make out a new check and send it to me…The post office has a problem and sends the check back to the dealer.
    Now it’s been 2 weeks…the check just sits there even though I’m calling and emailing and texting..no one knows where the check is..
    Mind you these people have my old and my new address, two phone numbers, and email address.
    And never once tried to contact me…not once.
    Funny how quick they found it when I came in and started telling anyone that would listen how the dealership stole my money and wouldn’t give it back to me…
    So when I go to get the check it’s somehow my fault and they are shocked that I’m upset about it…
    F them
    Stay away from Canobie Lake Toyota….

YotaGangYotaGang likes this.
  10. Jun 23, 2022 at 5:13 PM
    MalinoisDad

MalinoisDad Misanthropic dog person

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD PreRunner 5VZ
    5100s w/ 881s, JBA UCAs, J59s, other stuff and things
  11. Jun 23, 2022 at 6:56 PM
    Merling

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black Tacoma TRD OR
    I'm sorry but why did you write a check for a deposit without having a deal setup? Not trying to victim shame but I don't follow that logic.

After having set a deal with them, they took information from me for a deposit but never even charged me the deposit while I waited for my truck.

Funny, indeed, how they can find it though once you show up.

12. Jun 23, 2022 at 7:03 PM
    saint277

saint277 Vigilo Confido

Member:
    The idea is the won't sell or move the truck they said you could buy if there is some money for it already in the dealership, I did the same when I bought mine. They still sold the truck they promised me to someone else though. Its a vain hope really and I still ended up with a Tacoma so no harm done in my case. I put my deposit on my cc though so if they didn't give an immediate refund I could cancel with the cc company.

Dan 77 likes this.
  13. Jun 23, 2022 at 7:07 PM
    Merling

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black Tacoma TRD OR
    Which would be a set deal, no?

Seems like they're saying they gave $500 in exchange for the promise of a truck, details to be expressed later, which isn't how it works. I would think you should have the price you want, trim, color, etc setup before a deposit. Then the onus is on them to find it/swap with another dealer to get you the truck they're promising.

CC is how I did mine too, same reason.

14. Jun 23, 2022 at 7:11 PM
    saint277

saint277 Vigilo Confido

Member:
    Ya I did have price I want, trim, color, etc and put the money in and they still sold it to someone else. It was near the end of the year to so no new production was coming so they couldn't just order the one I wanted. I was pissed at the time but it was take one thats close or wait for the new production models next year. I needed a car and couldn't wait.

15. Jun 23, 2022 at 7:19 PM
    Merling

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black Tacoma TRD OR
    Lol, my dude. I am referring to OP saying they put a deposit then wanted to pick out a truck and price

16. Jun 23, 2022 at 7:24 PM
    saint277

saint277 Vigilo Confido

Member:
    No he says he saw an add for a truck, and put a deposit down for that truck. The problem the op had is that the dealer A, didn't match the trade in value of other dealers B, gave him the run around about it C, wouldn't refund his check in a timely manner. Not that they sold the truck after he already put the deposit down.

Merling[QUOTED] and EFG[OP] like this.
  17. Jun 23, 2022 at 7:41 PM
    michael roberts

michael roberts Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    07,4x4, white, AC.
    powder coated hood support.
    Can't you just call your bank and put a stop payment on a check? I think it will cost you $25.00 - $35.00 depending on the bank. Sounds better to do that then stress yourself out.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    whatstcp likes this.
  18. Jun 24, 2022 at 12:40 AM
    EFG

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Exactly
    and all the BS and deceptive tactics that went along with it

19. Jun 24, 2022 at 12:50 AM
    EFG

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    It really wasn’t about the money, it wasn’t going to kill me either way
    I had the paperwork and it was clearly refundable
    My anger came from the lying and the games the salesman and his manager where playing.
    It was clearly deceptive and taking advantage (or trying to) of the current market…
    I wasn’t having it…
    The BS with the check was even more evidence they are full of bull…
    Anyway
    Stay away from
    Canobie Lake Toyota in Salem, NH

20. Jun 24, 2022 at 2:13 AM
    PzTank

PzTank Stuck in the Well

Member:
    Above the Notches
    Vehicle:
    ‘15 AC SR5 4X4 4.0 Auto
    ‘07 OR leather shift knob
    1). Never talk trade without setting the purchase price first. It’s two negotiations.
    2) Never talk finance without setting purchase price and trade first. If not paying cash, have back up position with your local bank/credit union.
    3) Never put a deposit down with money you can’t affort (not saying this is you OP). Just in case a dealership is a shyster like this one.
    4) Don’t be afraid to call the out loudly, on a busy day i.e. a Saturday when there’s lotsa customers.

Herlburt Toyota off 101 try to say I ‘bought’ a truck when I put a deposit on a 2016 due to come in in a few days. I asked for my money back after a couple of weeks. A few says later I get a call, “your truck is in”. Yady yady yada, I finally got my money back. POS salesman.

EFG[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top