1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Worst dealership in New Hampshire

Discussion in 'North East' started by EFG, May 27, 2022.

1. Jul 11, 2022 at 5:56 AM
    TacoMoth

TacoMoth New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off Road
    This is concerning, as I'm getting my truck from Canobie. They definitely low balled my trade in until I grabbed my hat and got ready to leave, they came back with a more reasonable offer, but still lower that I'd wanted.

2. Jul 11, 2022 at 6:16 AM
    Merling

Merling Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2021 Black Tacoma TRD OR
    RCI IFS Skid Eibach Stage 2 Explore Overland Sliders
    If it’s any reassurance, I had no problem with them keeping their word. I didn’t have a trade in but got offered 500 off msrp instead of “market adjustment” and I saw some all weather mats that I joked about and they gave me for free

The service dept always takes longer than I think it should though. Like an hour longer than estimated at my 15k service.. which is what like a fluid check and tire rotation?

the coffee machine is nice. At least they got that going for them lol

TacoMoth[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jul 11, 2022 at 6:21 AM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Disheartening to "Read" NH Toyota dealers getting nasty..

I purchased my 1st NEW Toyota in '81 from Dube at their "Old location" in Dover and purchased 3 more Toyotas from them over the years...

When I "Needed" a New Tacoma , Dube only had a few and we drove up to Rochester Toyota and purchased the 1st of 2 Tacomas..

The largest advantage we found with all of our deals ; both of these dealerships were STILL family owned , 2nd generation for both and our sales teams changes were small, sales people leave or become management..

Sorry y'all having to be tossed around for trying to purchase your Toyotas...

4. Jul 11, 2022 at 6:28 AM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    I won't defend your experience with the dealer in any way.

But there are some consumer lessons to be learned here as well.

The 'come right now' ploy is dicey, usually not legit. It's designed to create panic in a consumer who has an instant gratification need, especially in a market of low inventory.

NH has no sales tax, right? So a trade may not be any advantage. Dealers only do trades to make money, not to make the buyer happy.

Never sign any papers until the negotiations are done.

Never write a check for anything until the negotiations are done.

Xtremsiege2 and snoope like this.
  5. Jul 11, 2022 at 8:16 AM
    Xtremsiege2

Xtremsiege2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Norwalk CT
    Vehicle:
    21' LR Pro. Lots of fast bikes
    All good points, also the BDC representative(business development) are paid based on how many people they make come in and show for an appointment. IF you don't show, they aren't paid their little sales commission.

So they sell you on coming in(usually with minimal information) and then the sales person is trying to sell you a car, and the F&I is trying to sell you on interest rates, warranties, protection, additional coverage. The sales never stop until you leave the dealer with the truck.

Like you stated the best negotiation is done prior to entering the door, pay cash or have outside financing unless Toyota is offering some amazing interest rate.

6. Jul 11, 2022 at 9:36 AM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    Interest rate offers are hokum. They collect the lost interest of the low rate in the upfront cost of the vehicle.

7. Jul 11, 2022 at 1:05 PM
    EFG

EFG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    factory lift kit, Stinger Off Road Stereo, Customized leather interior, Backflip X4S Tonneau,
    Here's a little more info
    I saw the online add and emailed something like this........"If you actually have THIS truck at THIS price I will buy it. Please don't bother calling, texting, or emailing me if you don't have THIS truck
    at the listed price"
    I then get a 2 phone calls and texts from 2 different sales people from the dealership......
    We play a little phone tag and tell one of the sales weasels named Christian that I can't get there that day but I will have my wife drop off a deposit check for $500 to hold the truck on the condition that the deposit is fully refundable if we don't come to an agreement on THIS specific truck...
    He agrees, she brings the check in and she comes home with paperwork about the truck (that isn't actually there but in transit) ...
    I call the next day and Christian tells me they have it but its in transit....
    So you don't HAVE it...No but it will be here in two weeks...WTF ..So I make an appointment to go in and talk to him about the truck.
    I (as well as my wife) tell him that I've already had the truck appraised buy 2 NH dealers as well as on line. I have the documentation to prove this...
    My 2014 Honda Ridgeling was valued at 18 to 19k by those 3 dealers... So I was pissed at the 15K trade offer...then quickly coming up to $17,500..
    I have no doubt I could have negotiated and got it up to 18+ if that was the only problem I was having...
    During this foolishness the sales guy starts talking insurance and asking about payment plans "Where I need to be on my payment"
    I explain to this fool that I'm not interested in talking about payments..I want the out the door price, the price thats advertised and I'll figure out the rest.
    I explain further that I don't "NEED" to finance the truck and that I may or may not finance a piece of it depending on the total price of the truck.
    The conversation got a little heated when he held the keys to my Honda and kept leaving "to talk to the manager"

The real trouble came from them playing games with my deposit check....They laterally ran out and cashed that check...Why? Okay so they don't have THE check my wife gave you on Thursday so go write me a check for $500 ...Its 9 am on a Sat why is it going to take you 3 to 4 hours to write me new check? I'm not interested in dealing with these clowns anymore so they agree to mail to me...
    The send it to the wrong address almost A WEEK LATER it gets sent back to them... I call, I text I email and ask the sales guy WHERES MY CHECK for three weeks....He tells me its in the mail....
    It was on someones desk for at least a week or more....They had my home phone, cell, email, and address and NO ONE thought to contact me about it...

THEY ARE A HORRIBE Dealership....

Merling likes this.
  8. Aug 21, 2022 at 8:22 AM
    EFG

EFG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma TRD Sport
    factory lift kit, Stinger Off Road Stereo, Customized leather interior, Backflip X4S Tonneau,
    The sales manager and everyone else that works there takes their direction from the ownership/dealership.
    If the dealerships business philosophies are unethical, manipulative and deceitful then thats what the sales manager sales people service people finance people and on and on are going to facilitate.

Canobie Lake Toyota is unethical just go somewhere else…

Products Discussed in

To Top