1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would you support gift to soldier families?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by BlueT, May 2, 2011.

?

Would you support paying extra taxes for gov to give free homes to soldiers

1. Yes I would agree to pay extra taxes to cover this

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No I would not agree to pay extra taxes to cover this

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. I have to see details first

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. May 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    j83soldier

j83soldier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    As a soldier, I appreciate the supporters but would be against this. We do our job for our own reasons but sometimes there is to much support that leads to some believing that the country owes them for their service when in fact it is the other way around we owe you our service. A handshake is enough, a house is over board

2. May 2, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    j83soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    if you do not like it get out but we are only due what the goverment gives us. We recieved a pay raise this FY most americans did not. you are not forced to live on post either

3. May 2, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    How about cheap prefab homes???I'm from jersey and nothing is cheap here but I'm sure you could get land for dirt cheap and put up prefab housing

4. May 2, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    You sir are a good man.ok we won't buy you a house,how about a vette? :D

5. Nov 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    As a veteran, who was been homeless before (literally living on the street during the worst of it), I can say that there are programs from the VA that help soldiers when they are in need. Now for soldiers that are still active duty, they can supply on base housing for them if needed, but they also pay basic housing allowence (per area).

I do not think that we should have a "free" house. We do qaulify for VA loans to help when we do purchase a house. I think my taxes would be better off left alone, or lowered in fact. If you must have it, let it be a "opt in program" were you can write it off.

6. Nov 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    No. The thought is kind, but we don't serve to be given anything. The honor is that we get to serve. If you want to better equip the Military, do it at the polls.

The Government can't afford to take care of the people in the manner that it does as is. I wouldnt want to add to the defict.

7. Nov 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Bingo.

I'd be in full support of a one-time zero-interest loan for housing (and unlimited zero-interest loans for education)... but not a handout.

Few know better than our servicemembers that anything worth having is worth working for.

8. Nov 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    Thanks Rich

9. Nov 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    j83soldier

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    holy thread revival. The last time I commented on this thread I was in afghanistan and now here I am again 1 day from going home from another tour and commenting on this thead again. My opinion is the same. this deployment I finished 13 Credit hours of college finishing my degree. All free. This leads me to say hell no we dont need anything. There are pleny of incentives for those who need shit given to them. Those people proably need to get out anyway, I am tired of dealing with you. This is a job on takes on personal beliefs not for benifits.

Products Discussed in

To Top