1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WOW, a whole site!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Oxian, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Oct 15, 2007 at 2:51 AM
    Oxian

Oxian [OP] Carolina Alliance: Overseas Division

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD 2wd long bed
    After Market-Halo angel-eye headlights, Westin Bull bar (black) w/ 6" hella 500's, TRD Cat-back, 17" Motometals with T/A KOs.
    Wow I didnt expect a whole site with a club when i bought my truck. Well at least i know where to go to meet people with good taste. :D

I bought mine in Feb of 07, how ever it is a 06. I was on leave from Iraq (where i am back to now,,, YUCK!) so i have only drivin my truck a few hundred miles. Ok ok, a few thousand. Yes i love my truck allready and i only had it for 2 weeks.

None the less i cant wait to get home and get behind the wheel. I have plans for my baby. Wich brings me to how i found this site. Im looking for a noce roll bar for the bed. Black powder coated, a few light mounts, and something that definatly gives this truck a beefier look. I already have a bull guard in mind, but am willing to take recomemdations from other suppliers.

Hit me up but just remember im in Iraq so i dont get to the computer as much as i would like.

Oxian, out.

2. Oct 15, 2007 at 4:32 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Welcome to TW!

First off, thank you for your service.

Second, the roll bar, I have not seen one that wasn't a local welder's work. They really aren't that necessary with the reinforced passenger cages of today. However, I do agree with you - they look cool. I would be concerned whether or not the composite bed would hold up to a roll bar under roll conditions. that is a bunch of weight in an area that is supposed to have distributed weight.

Just a thought.

Good luck!

3. Oct 15, 2007 at 4:41 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Welcome to TW bud. Look out for the Alliance :rolleyes:.

4. Oct 15, 2007 at 4:44 AM
    Oxian

Oxian [OP] Carolina Alliance: Overseas Division

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD 2wd long bed
    After Market-Halo angel-eye headlights, Westin Bull bar (black) w/ 6" hella 500's, TRD Cat-back, 17" Motometals with T/A KOs.
    First off let me say, In the past few hrs, i have been look and scouring for any glimmer of hope. And what i have found is a couple more tacoma or toyota truck forums. (Had no idea) Kinda feel dumb with the whole title of this thread now.

Non the less, you are correct. I would question the stability of the bed under such stresses. Makes sence. But honestly, I really dont plan on rolling my truck anytime soon, lol. I used to be a Volunteer Fire Fighter, and with the roll bar the posibilities are endless with lights, Mwahaha.

Other than that, this is my first new truck (first new vehical period) and as gift to my self for surviving Iraq, I want it to look the way I dream a truck should look. So the "Roll" bar is most definatly for show.

ohh and for my search, so far i have not found anything. GoRhino.com has the promise, but to get it you have to go thru other companys like AutoAnything.com (see above). As non of these sites list a 05+ tacoma, a lot of forums state they are the best place to go. SO i have emailed them asking what their offical word is.

5. Oct 15, 2007 at 5:03 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Well good luck! Let us know how it goes.

(and cheers on not wanting to roll your truck! :p)

6. Oct 15, 2007 at 7:39 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Welcome to TW, and thank you for serving!

Products Discussed in

To Top