1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wow.. now AT&T really sucks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PreRunnerSeth, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jun 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/02/...-changes-to-data-plans-iphone-tethering-comi/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/02/atandt-users-can-keep-30-unlimited-data-when-upgrading-phones/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/02/...ling-the-ceo-will-result-in-a-cease/#comments

So... check this out.. No more unlimited data plans. with $10 a month extra per GB of data. I really hope Verizon doesn't follow suit. So I hope those of you hoping to get an iphone 4g dont actually plan on using that front facing camera. They are even holding Ipad orders to make sure customers dont grandfather into the unlimited plan. the third article is great. if you follow the comments someones email is there and if you happen to accidentally send an email.. :)

2. Jun 2, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    I am screwed. I average 6G a month

3. Jun 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    Isnt it for new plans only? not cutting into existing plans? If not then I'll drop my data service with them and have a really fancy generic cell. F**kers.

4. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    I thnk its for new customers.
    If you are an exisiting customer there isn't an issue unless you want to lower your bill.

over on modmyi there is talk if you are an existing customer, even if you upgrade to the new iphone you can keep the unlimited data

5. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    yeah but any new customers wont get unlimited.. and if you ever want to use the tethering you will lose it then.

6. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.
    Just moved to a Blackberry on Verizon tonight. I had grown tired of my phone, but was still under contract 'till September. I went in and asked if I could go ahead and upgrade and they wanted to charge $75 per phone. The early termination fee was $80. I had been with them for 6 years and they wouldn't waive the $75 "upgrade" fee... Hard to believe, but their customer service is worst than their coverage and data plans.

7. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    I'm sure verizon will follow suit though. Internet access is the new texting. remember when it was 10 cents per text message. They are going to rape people to use a new tech as long as they can.

8. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    This actually helps me. I only use about 500 MB a month, maybe a gig at the most. Saves me $5 a month!!! :D

9. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    sirwamz

sirwamz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manassas, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4 Manual
    Not much......college student using the GI Bill to survive.
    I'll actually will be saving some money. I checked my account and I haven't gone past 200MB once so this doesn't really bother me. I know it sucks for the people who like to download a lot of stuff and surf the web like crazy.

10. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    I just checked mine, and I average between 300 and 600 MB a month, so I'll be downgrading to the 2GB plan, and save myself $5.

11. Jun 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    My wife is a service rep for AT&T, so I'll ask her what the correct info is. She mentioned the new plans yesterday. I don't think they're getting rid of the unlimited plan. They're just adding the new plans for those who don't use it as much, making many peoples data plans less expensive. There was a stink from people about having to pay for the unlimited plan when they don't use that much. I believe new customers will have all three plans to choose from.

12. Jun 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    existing customers can continue to pay the $30 unlimited but if you want to add tethering you have no choice but to go with the $24 2 gig plan

verizon's not much better. after 6 years with them i tried to get a deal on a new phone and all htey offered at the time was $100 off. i said i'm a 6 year customer and you cant hook me up to keep my business. they told me no so i walked out and signed up with Alltell. VZ bough alltell 4 months later and alltel service sucks where i live so i ended up going back to VZ. Their customer service sucks but they do have the best network.

i'm hoping VZ uses this as an opportunity to continue to grow while adding another nail to ATT's coffin. if i were in charge of VZ i would run a campaign basically saying "are you a pissed off ATT customer? well head on over to VZ where we still have unlimited data and the coolest new android phones". seems to me like that would be the smartest move. make yourself look good while helping make your competition look terrilble. i really hope VZ is reading these message boards and just says "wow, what a pain in the ass, lets keep unlimited data"

13. Jun 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    they stated that new customers will only have the new plans. the $30 unlimited plan will only be available for those who are grandfathered in and want to keep it.

14. Jun 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.

Yeah, I was with VZ before I moved over to AT&T. They tried something stupid like that back then. But the guy I worked with yesterday was top-notch. He was a Senior Rep. gave me two free Blackberry Curves (after Rebate), a free holster for me (29.99), and knocked 25% off my wife's holster... I got the unlimited data plan, discount through my work, and VZ picks up better at my house. It's all positives for me to move.

15. Jun 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Yep. Here is what she said:

If you have the unlimited data plan it is going to be grandfathered. If you don't remove it you won't lose it. If you do remove it you will NOT be able to reorder it. FYI 98% of at&t smart phone users today average less than 2gb of data per month. If they get the smaller plan they will get a text alerting them when they are at 65% of usage , addionally if they do go over 2gb in bill cycle att will charge 10.00 extra automatically giving them an addional 1gb of data so the customer will not ever be charged for overage at a per mb rate.

16. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Does anyone know when these new plans start?

17. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    My wife thinks they start June 7th (Monday).

18. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    JML50

JML50 Well-Known Member

Member:
  19. Jun 4, 2010 at 6:05 AM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I agree.

I read that 90% of iPhone users use less than 2GB per month (including myself). I will be saving $5.

20. Jun 4, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i'm hoping they are going to try to improve their customer service. i have not read a single positive post onthe internet regarding VZ's customer service. Alltells service may have sucked but their customer service was amazing.

Products Discussed in

To Top