1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wow

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TACOROCK, Apr 10, 2008.

1. TACOROCK

TACOROCK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
  2. jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    i've got some of those in my lawn mower/weed eaters. didnt think about auto use

3. humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    How much?

4. TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    i had to special order the damn things but im glad i did!

5. humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Let's try this once again.......

6. jhodge83

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    wat?
    they're 5.99 each in jcwhitney

7. humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!

8. TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    humanoid!! you need to learn a lil respect bud!!! i didnt see your question or i would have answered it! you think everyone on here is here for you !>? not only that pal but you should probably call yourself and see how much they are for your 99 yota!

9. no_werries

no_werries Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    just replaced mine with NGK Iridum, sometimes I just like the finer things in life!

10. TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    i just got rid of my ngk iridiums!!

11. no_werries

Member:
    Vehicle:
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    really, what kind of difference do you notice I have the 2.7, and havent gone any long drive yet, but I will be going home back north tomorrow night (4 hour drive) I usualy burn 3/8 a tank mostly hwy miles probably averging about 110 km/h going home.

12. TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    no really it is smooth they are nice as hell i had spark knock with my iridiums... and my sc. so i went to these they are great... i swear this is the first time my scan gauge had ever said 24 mpg. lol well if i drive like a granny i'll save alot of gas:D change em out for the drive back... and you can be our long distance write up.. they arent expensive in comparrison to the ngk's! they are actually cheaper.

13. no_werries

Member:
    Vehicle:
    yeh, it will be a while befor I go investing in new plugs, it is a serious rip off buying auto parts in canada, i need head into detroit sometime soon!

14. jhodge83

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    wat?
    risking ur life to go into detroit isnt worth cheaper prices...haha...but i need to get some plugs since i'm at my 30k service.

hey tacorock, how easy/hard to get to those plugs on the drivers side and how to get the packs off?

15. TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    not so bad.. a lil frustrating for me on the passengers side... cause of the SC. but i give it a 5 of 10.. messed up spots to get your sausage fingers in and chunks taken out of your knuckles!!! but all and all it took me about an hour and a half!

16. no_werries

Member:
    Vehicle:
    just got home from a 4 hour trip (around 400 km), burnt about a
    1/4 - 3/8 tank a gas! And I get a lil heavy footing trying to make my way onto the 401, most my shifts for about half the trip were being made between 3-5rpm (all on 100km/h hwys), the odd time redlining because my music was to loud and wasnt really paying attention to shifting! For the rest i was takin it easy shifting into second around 3500, then shifitng through the rest of the gears at 2500-3000!

should also note that 3 hours of this driver are non stop for me, i can usually leave it in 5th doing 120-130 km/h for the whole time gettin great mileage!

17. jhodge83

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    wat?
    u need to speak in terms everyone can understand....MPH...lol

18. tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    hey hodge........just did my 30k last weekend. the spark plugs on the pass. side were cake man........10, maybe 15 minutes for the passenger side.....driver side was a PITA........barely room to unplug the coil pack near the front, so it took about 30 minutes or so. other than that.....get a long extension and its relatively easy too. i went with the standard copper densos.

19. jhodge83

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    wat?
    i'm gonna have to do this sometime before the meet fo sho

20. tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell o Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 Silverado ext cab
    its not too bad,really. i also cleaned out my throttle body, maybe a bit too much, cause it runs and idles good as ever, but acceleration got kinda weird. i think it needs to go thru a couple tanks of gas so i get m acc. back to where it was. damn............im ready for the meet!!

To Top