1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wtf is going on

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toy Yoda, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    06TRDZombieHunter

06TRDZombieHunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    K&N Intake System Port and Polish of TB x2 E3 Diamondfire Sparkplugs 2.5" Leveling kit 32" BFG A/Ts Zombie Response decals Custom painted grill, trim under headlights, scoop, intake and manifold. No more mud flaps, Temp gauge inside intake box, BHLM, extra D-rings in front of bed, No more plastic storage box behind rear seats. More to come.
    I'll have to check for the diff sticker.. But mine is an 06 Sport.. I thought it was open diff, but might have LSD? Are there any other ways to tell?

2. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:24 AM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    You could also put your truck in some obvious LSD scenarios and try it out. Put one wheel on something really slippery, mud or really wet grass, something that you know would make the tire spin. Make sure the other tire is on firm ground. If LSD the tire in the mud should spin and you shouldn't go very far, in 2H of course. If LSD, the tire will spin but keeping on the throttle a bit will transfer power over to the tire on firm ground. Uneven ground works best for testing it out, especially if you can get the tire slipping lower, or higher, than the one with grip.

Or ...

You could check the sticker LOL.

3. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    So if i have an 08 trd off road prerunner and locker with no sticker what does that mean? open diff?

4. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Yup....But you have a locker.

5. Aug 7, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    lol

6. Aug 7, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just a tip for you folks with just standard 4X4s or 2WD PreRunners...the poor mans e-locker or whatever it's called does work (well hopefully most of the time)! It's saved me from getting stuck in a twisting kind of ditch.

I was going through it and I believe it was my driver's side rear wheel started to slip, eventually that's all that was spinning and then I remembered the E-Brake trick! So I pushed down on the accelerator while slowly engaging the parking brake, enough for the wheel to stop spinning and I got out of that ditch just fine :D.

Products Discussed in

To Top