1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Delphi Roady XT

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by msu12181, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Dec 6, 2007 at 6:31 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Off Road - Desert Sand Mica
    I appologize if this has been covered already, as I am new to this forum. I just purchased an 07 Tacoma TRD OffRoad. It is just the factory radio with the single CD player (Not JBL). I have a XM Delphi Roady XT w/car kit for which has a mini plug line out on it (Used to run from this into tape deck in old camry). Is it possible to run mini plug to L-R RCA connection into the back of the stock radio? I know how to take the radio out but I don't know if the connections exist or if I need to buy something else for interfacing purposes? Help please.... I can't stand the FM modulator way of listening to XM radio:(

Thanks...

2. Dec 6, 2007 at 6:57 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I believe that USASpec has an interface that can go into the stock deck, but to answer your question: No there is no interface on the stock deck for coaxial RCA plug or phono mini.

Sorry.

3. Dec 6, 2007 at 6:59 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    BTW - Welcome to TW!

Did you know that the Desert Sand Mica is a rare color on the new Tacomas? Congrats on your new truck. Don't forget you can post pictures in the Photo Gallery.

MSU, huh? Which MSU?

Cheers!

4. Dec 6, 2007 at 7:00 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    There are no RCA jacks on the back of the radio. There is a proprietary jack on the back. Several vendors make adapters to do what you want that plug directly into that jack. The sound is WAY better than using a FM Transmitter. They range from $50 to about $175. Check out the following thread. It talks about one of the cheapest solutions that should work for what you describe. You will find many other similar threads in the Audio & Video forum. This is a very common request.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/3767-installed-metra-ipod-mp3-adapter.html

5. Dec 6, 2007 at 7:01 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Oh I forgot....welcome to TW!

6. Dec 6, 2007 at 7:13 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    007Tacoma...That is Mississippi State University. Will post pics when I get a chance...thanks

rhoppas...thanks for the help

7. Dec 6, 2007 at 7:34 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hey guys... I just want to be clear on this- So what you guys are saying is there is a seperate proprietary input on the back of the stock radio not being used in my situation? Wierd that they didn't go ahead and connect to it and wire an audio input plug like they have in the console of the RAV4

8. Dec 6, 2007 at 7:42 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    I grew up in Brandon, MS. I had several friends that went to MSU.

Yeah, my wife's RAV4 has the jack in the console and we use the crap out of that. The Tacoma's have the capability, but it is not a standard RCA/phono plug. Sorry. Check out that link that rhoppas gave you. There is a ton of information on audio stuff on here.

Cheers!

9. Dec 6, 2007 at 7:45 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    That is correct. It is unused and available. Not sure why they wouldn't do as you state except that it costs $$$.

10. Dec 6, 2007 at 7:45 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Oh cool. I grew up in Columbia, MS. I live in Huntsville, AL now. Thanks again for your help.

11. Dec 6, 2007 at 8:08 AM
    death valley fan

death valley fan National Champions

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Louisiana
    2007 TRD OFF-ROAD
    Good to see another SEC Fan on the forum. Welcome. I actually live about thirty minutes from Columbia.

12. Dec 6, 2007 at 8:33 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks death valley fan. I would guess somewhere around Angie/Bogalusa?

13. Dec 6, 2007 at 8:36 AM
    death valley fan

death valley fan National Champions

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Louisiana
    2007 TRD OFF-ROAD
    Yep. Bogalusa it is. Nothing to brag about, but you are correct. :D

14. Dec 6, 2007 at 8:43 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yep. The wonderful smell from the paper mills. That's one thing I don't miss since moving away from Columbia.

15. Dec 10, 2007 at 5:52 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ok guys...So I ordered the Metra AIPTY02ID from a local car audio shop here in Huntsville (Circuit City wasn't much help) and it is supposed to be in today. Can't wait to see he how it turns out...

16. Dec 10, 2007 at 6:18 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    Good luck. Let me know if you need any help. There is a sticky by 007Tacoma at the top of the Audio forum that has instructions and pictures for removing the head unit...

17. Dec 11, 2007 at 6:12 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Looks like there was a mistake with the order. They ended up ordering the 1D version instead of the 2D. So it was reordered from their distribution warehouse yesterday, hoping to have the right one today.

18. Dec 13, 2007 at 5:48 AM
    msu12181

msu12181 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I got the Metra adapter in the truck last night. It only took me about 30 minutes (thanks to 007Tacoma pics). I ran everything through the glove box compartment that way I would have access to the mini plug and Ipod plug in. I got a little frustrated b/c the cord length was just enough to run it this way. I basically had to feel my way to plug the Metra connector into the back of the stock radio. The majority of my time spent was trying to get my hand back behind the radio, with it almost all the way back in position, and plug the thing in.

Good thing is everything worked and there is enough "slack" in the cord now since it is all the way back. Just have to be a little careful opening the glove box as it puts a little tension on the adapter plugin with the glove box all the way open. I am just glad it works....I never thought I would get the thing plugged in. Thanks again for all you guys help...

19. Dec 13, 2007 at 6:00 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Glad those pics helped!

Cheers!

20. Dec 13, 2007 at 7:05 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    I am glad it is working for you. I simply removed the entire radio per 007Tacoma's instructions, plugged in the Metra, run the cables to the glove box, then re-installed the radio. You must be Houdini if you got it plugged in without removing the radio. :) I used electrical tape to ensure the cable does not come out of the adapter.

Products Discussed in

To Top