1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Installed on 2009

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by HighPlains, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Dec 4, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    HighPlains

HighPlains [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've installed XM on my 2009 Double Cab. I've got some pictures in my member gallery. I thought they would be helpful, but after going through the instructions and having actually done the install I do not think they are necessary. The instructions are detailed enough. I have the satellite capable head unit with the factory installed antenna. You will need the following part numbers:
    XM Reciever: 86180-0W031 $199.99
    XM Fit Kit: PT546-35090 $100.00
    I bought these at my local dealer for these prices + tax.
    This install was very easy to do. Just follow the attached instructions. The diagrams are detailed enough that anyone can to it. It took me about an hour and a half from start to finish. This install required no special tools. Everything except the instructions and basic hand tools are included in the fit kit. You might want to pick up some extra cable ties. Some are included in the fit kit, but I like to tie everything up nice and neat.

Tips:

Take your time. Do not get in a hurry.

The instructions mention a nylon removal tool. Just use your hands.

The storage tray beneath the back seat must be removed. It is held in place by plastic clips that look like Phillips head screws. They do not screw out. Use a Phillips screwdriver to turn the head while gently prying up with a small flat screwdriver under the head of the clip, they just pop out. Before reinstalling, make sure you fish the tire tool retaining rubber band through the hole before reinstalling the clips.

When removing the plastic that covers the area between the two doors, pay attention to the removal procedure outlined in the diagram. Paying special attention to the direction the plastic must be pulled to disengage the retaining clips.

Make certain that anywhere the wiring harnesses touch any sharp edges to use the included cushion tape or wrap them a few times with electrical tape.

Test the system before putting all the plastic back in place.

I would be happy to answer any questions regarding this if there are any.

Attached Files:

2. Jan 31, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    jmed99

jmed99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    Also in 3c unscrew the plastic cap...do not try to pry it off.

Also be careful removing the retaining clips beneath the back seat. It was pretty cold out today so mine were very brittle and broke...I'll have to order new ones.

Anyone know a part number for that?

Thanks HighPlains!

PS. The latest revision of the instructions is Rev. D

Products Discussed in

To Top