1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Radio smackdown!!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by extremachn1, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    So the other day XM shut off my radio service. No biggie, I was going to wait for them to call me. Today they called and the first thing I hear is that I owe a balance of $39. I was like WTF for??? Turns out they "auto-renewed" my service in July even after I told them not to in February and that was for the 2 months of service they gave me without my authorization.
    Long story short, after some arguing on me paying that 39 dollars I got the to put on the supposed floor manager. I went back and forth with the manager about paying the fee for the services I did not request and then she threw out the "Sir you have pay this or we will send it to collections!" I just smiled as that is what I was waiting for... My response...

"Ok, send it to collections and I will be more than happy to take it to the Military Judge Advocate Generals office at my local base as well as turning it into my corporate legal team for deployed employees because you auto renewed this without notifying me while deployed outside the United States supporting the Armed Forces."

The lady started stuttering and stammering not sure what to do, she placed me on hold for a while. When she came back she happily waived the fees and then I renewed my subscription after a few more minutes of haggling. They were not going to give me the half off cost ($77 a year) so I said I wasnt going to renew. She was like "But sir, I waived those other fees for you." I just laughed and said those fees were your problem, not mine. I know people get the year subscription for $77 so that is the price I am paying, take it or leave it lady. I dont need your service, you need my subscription plain and simple so whats it going to be???

I paid the $77 and have my years subscription!!!

2. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    Us3r

Us3r Reading...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Socali
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma Std. 2RZ-FE 2WD
    Axle wrap mod (Shackled), 140 Amp Alternator & Wires, HID Headlights, Brush Guard Grille, Hella 550 Driving Lights. |Saving:Total Chaos.|
    Ownage to the max!

I had something similar on a "trial" subscription. Ended up canceling...

3. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR CNC Programmer/Machinist

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [2009 Supercharged Adventuretruck] & [1986 22r Minitruck]
    > BUILD LINKS >
    Lol.. typical Chas! Good shit.

4. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I dont mind paying for a service, but I dont do this auto-renew shit. I dont like it, its just a way to get more money from people who forget about it. NFL tried getting me for it because last year while traveling Europe & the middle east for work I had the online game pass. I didnt know it auto renewed and next thing I see is a $250 charge on my account. I called and was less than happy. Lets just say it was removed rather quickly.

If I am in the wrong with something or I screw up and it costs me, thats fine, I can live with that. But Homey dont play auto-renew.

Thanks Moose!!! LoL Looking forward to wheeling with ya again soon.

5. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    XPOTRPR

XPOTRPR CNC Programmer/Machinist

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [2009 Supercharged Adventuretruck] & [1986 22r Minitruck]
    > BUILD LINKS >
    Definitely man. Let us all know when you plan on coming back out this way.

6. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    Thats the reason why I cancelled my xm to begin with..I waited a few years till the sirius/xm merger was done and I just signed up for sirius . So far so good.

7. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I am actually back on my way down tomorrow. Saturday I am stopping by Brandons for my cab mount chop and sliders being welded on.

8. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yea, I enjoy the radio service, especially as I make my cross country, cross mountain range, and offroading trips. Its nice having radio where there is no other.

9. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    ToddG

ToddG Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 White/Tan
    I had a tough time with XM about a year ago, so I contacted Sirus and received a life time membership for $349.00 When we buy a new vehicle's with the prices we pay we should be given a choice on which satalite radio provider that we prefer.

Products Discussed in

To Top