1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Radio with factory radio?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mullinm, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mullinm

mullinm [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    Ok. I guess I'm the rookie here. I just had my XM rcvr installed in my 2010 Tacoma, and I am a bit stuck. First, I never rcv'd any formal paperwork, and need the serial# to activate and/or sign-up. The dealer said I can access that via the radio interface? How? Second, the local dealer told me different stories where/how they would install it. Now I can't find it? It went from installing under the rear seat, to under the dash, to back under the seat again. Now I can't find it anywhere? I called them, and apparently the tech that installs them is not there regularly, and they asked me to drive over there to help me find it?

2. dolbytone

dolbytone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Your receiver will show the number you need on its display if you tune to the right XM channel (no service is necessary for this). I don't know the channel number off hand since I use Sirius, it might be channel 1. If you can't figure it out, a call to their customer service line will get you an answer.

3. FDSender

FDSender Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma Reg Cab 4X4
    Hello, new to Tacoma, and this site. Hope you can help!!! Bought a '10 Tacoma in April w/ the factory satellite ready single CD stereo (It has the AM/SAT button). Ready to go postal on Best Buy 'cause I get different answers from different stores, techs, etc. on what I actually need. I do not have the XM receiver as yet. I have purchased what they call a fit kit to go from the stereo to the receiver...I guess...It's pretty much a wire assembly with plugs on each end. Do I need anything else??? I want to keep the factory stereo because it sounds good and I'm not looking to go all techno on it. I also don't want another device hanging off my windshield! PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks a bunch!

To Top