1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM, Sirius or HD Radio Bay Area California

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ocean's, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Dec 30, 2009 at 4:56 AM
    Ocean's

Ocean's [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have heard that HD Radio looses it signal and fades in and out. Was wondering if anyone has experience with this in Bay Area, and driving to our country home in Copperopolis?

I am looking for clean music to play in my TACO.

Someone should start a Thumb drive sharing site...

2. Dec 30, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    NeoMoose

NeoMoose Possibly Batman

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DC TRD O.R.
    Kenwood eXcelon X993, Kenwood KFC-1693PS (Front), Kenwood KFC-G1620 (Rear), Luverne Black Nerf Bars, OEM Brush Guard, AFE Pro Dry S Drop-In, Some kickass wheel locks, Removed front mud flaps, All windows tinted, Anti-theft tailgate mod
    Signal quality completely aside, satellite radio is just flat out better. Much better song selections, uncensored (if you like various extreme styles of music, or talk radio), more stations, etc.

You just gotta pay for it. But it's become one of those things where I'd rather pay for it than not have it.

3. Dec 30, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    bishtacova

bishtacova Don't buy a Ford

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC PreRunner V6
    4 leaf TSB, reflash ECM, Eurostyle antenna, thule roof rack, bed extender
    Satellite radio is available on DIRECTV/DISH and I believe sat radio comes with cable as well. It's also available via the web. HD Radio is nothing more than a clear channel concoction to sell more ad revenue streams.

4. Dec 30, 2009 at 6:15 AM
    bigyetti

bigyetti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    asheville, nc
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 short bed
    sirius satilite radio, more on the way when i get more money. oh ya removed the secondary filter
    I have sirius. it depends on what you want sports wise MLB go with xm, NFL on sirius. i think both have a choose your own channels. Sirius has a family friendly package. checkout their websites for more info. siriusxm.com I havent had any experience with hd radio. hope this helps. go with satellite radio its worth it. hope it helps

5. Dec 30, 2009 at 7:49 AM
    Ocean's

Ocean's [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm leaning towards Sirius. It's like $16.00 a month. I'm like wanting to pay $5 per month though...lol

Whats the deal? Don't they have lots of people advertising on Sirius or XM? They need to start a $5 a month plan

Once, I buy the Sirius hardware for my Kenwood DDX512 i'm gonna be pretty stuck.

How much you guys paying for Sirius or xm?

6. Dec 30, 2009 at 7:53 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    A lot of the newer radios have both sirius and xm capability. They're the same company now, but I haven't looked at what the price choices are lately. I've had sirius now for 4 years, since Howard Stern left regular radio. Even if he retires, I'm keeping my Sirius, the sound quality and music choices of standard radio don't even come close to what you can get on sat. radio. I pay about $14 a month for it and worth every penny.

Products Discussed in

To Top