1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yard sale 1990 Moto 4 250. Parts sources, recommended fixes?

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by Truckntran, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Aug 26, 2021 at 7:11 AM
    Truckntran

Truckntran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 and 1998 Tacoma 2wd
    High mileage work trucks
    Picked up this Moto4 at a moving sale last weekend. It’s been stuffed in th back of a barn for at least ten years according to the folks clearing out their dads old place.
    Got it home and pumped up the tires, checked static operation of brakes and gears, and decided to see if it was set up from all that storage. Turns out I was actually able to have it run for a few seconds before flooding out.
    Looks like it needs all the soft parts in the fuel system replaced. It leaks profusely once the shutoff is opened from shutoff and the carb. The fuel hoses are rock hard and the air filter has dissolved all the foam at its end.

Are the aftermarket parts I see on Amazon worth trying? Less than $50 would buy a Chinese carb, new shutoff, fuel lines, and possibly filters. No Yamaha dealers nearby here in rural Tx.

Plans are just to use it as a mule around the farm, probably with a small trailer for cleaning up the place, etc. I’m too old to go four wheeling just for fun. lol FAA9DD46-F829-4D1B-95B5-03DC445E92D7.jpg

37A6B44D-E849-4EF2-B179-125DA38ED4A9.jpg

uurx likes this.
To Top