1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yea, sold my 96 Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Jim Mann, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Oct 29, 2007 at 8:05 PM
    Jim Mann

Jim Mann [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yea, I sold my 96 Tacoma 4X4 to my son. He graduated from the Coast Guard Basic Training Center in Cape May, NJ., last week, and will be stationed 2 hours from here, in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He bought my truck, and I bought a 2001 Tundra. Wow, what a nice truck. James will take my Tacoma to a new level, no doubt, as he is putting in new tailights and headlights as we speak.

I looked at and deeply desired a 97 GMC and a 2003 SIlverado, both extended cab trucks in pristine condition, but the Tundra won. What a nice truck. I had to have a full size truck for work, and did not want or need a 4X4any longer. The Tundra is a nice truck. Jim

2. Oct 29, 2007 at 11:13 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I feel your pain... I sold my 96 tacoma in 2003 to buy a Dodge Ram. The Ram was nice and it hauled azz nicely. And then - I stopped towing on a regular basis and bought myself a 2007 tacoma.

Life is good!

3. Oct 30, 2007 at 4:37 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Hey Jimbo, where have you been? I missed my Yankee friend ;) all these months.

Looking forward to having some buttered grits for breakfast, with lots of black pepper and some venison on the side. Are you up for it? :D

4. Oct 30, 2007 at 5:13 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    So your son is now a Coastie? Spot on!!!!! Active Coastie here, best decision I've ever made!!!

5. Oct 30, 2007 at 5:41 AM
    thenrie

thenrie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma, SR5, TRD, 2.7L (LEV), 4wd, 5sp m
    Magnaflow cat and cat-back exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold-air intake system, 2.5" lift via Skyjacker leaf packs, Bilstein 5100s.
    My mouth is watering for that breakfast. Been a long time since I had one like that.

6. Oct 30, 2007 at 4:16 PM
    Jim Mann

Jim Mann [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Been lurking, been lurking around when time permits. Grits and Venison, I can't wait. However, the heart doctor says lay off the butter. So, I soak the venison overnight in Italian Salad Dressing, and then cook over mesquite on the grill, the rarer the better. Melts in your mouth ! Archery season is in here in Alabama, and I do see deer in my yard every week now. Maybe, just maybe............... Anyhow, my son will learn to turn wrenches on a bouy tender in Chattanooga, so he will be able to keep the Tacoma running fine.
    Thanks, Jim Mann - Tundra owner !

Products Discussed in

To Top