1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yet another lift question, Camburg Qs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by neoflex, May 15, 2011.

1. May 15, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    neoflex

neoflex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah I am sure most of you are sick of guys asking questions about lifts. I did try and do a search but must not have come up with the proper combo of words to find what I am looking for. I have a 2010 Double Cab Pre-Runner and am looking to lift it in the upcoming weeks. Was curious to what most of you with more experience with these trucks would recommend out of these two options for the front as the rear is easy. Camburg 2.5 Swayaway Coilovers with Camburg UCAs or Camburg Spindles with the UCAs and 5100s. I will be running 285/65/18 Trail Grapplers. I know the spindles will probably give me more lift but in my mind I am thinking I may get a better ride out of the Coilovers as this rig will still be my daily driver. Thanks in advance and my apologies if this has been covered before.

2. May 15, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    Not sure but I think doing spindles would keep stock ride quality...

To fit your 285's you'll hafta adjust your coilovers upwards of 3 inches which might reduce ride quality.

I'd go for spindles. Search around here and see what people say about the ride quality. 4 inches of lift would look better anyway!

3. May 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    straycat241

straycat241 maXXXed out mid travel

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD off road 4x2
    airaid intake, jba headers, jba exhaust, DMZ enginecage, King 2.5 coilovers , 1.25camburg uca's, total chaos lca's, shock hoops with Icon 2.5 piggybacks, camburg 4.0 Spindles, Defined engineering SUA, King 2.5" Shocks w/Reservoir, King 2.5 Bumpstops,shocktacobumper,moto metal 951's, compartment locks, blackgrill,Glassworks fenders front and rear,ViS racing glass hood,PIAA 510s,hella 500's,black rebadge,fabtech spare tire holder,tailgate delete,mudflaps delete,cobra 19 ultra iii
    spindles and 5100's would be a chill set up at 4 inches of lift, and will ride nice if the shocks arn't pre-loaded much.

4. May 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM
    neoflex

neoflex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I did some reading on the spindles and it seems like they push the wheel out a bit. Has anyone had an issue with the tire size I am looking at rubbing on the fender flares much? I plan on running Eagle Alloy 063s. I plan on removing the mud flaps which will be a given anyway but just trying to avoid having to cut the truck up. Sorry if these q's seem redundant. I am coming from a Jeep world so the Tacoma is a whole new animal to me. Thanks again for your responses thus far!

5. Aug 1, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    luk3

luk3 I <3 the mall

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Vehicle:
    stanky taco
    Camburg spindles, All Pro leaf pack
    you will rub on the front part on the front fender flares... but no big deal. Just trim it up a bit.

This is stock rims and just the spindle is pushing the wheel out:
    [​IMG]

I just put on 1.25" wheel spacers and now i rub on on the colored part of the flare (just to the left)

Products Discussed in

To Top