1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yet another Rear End story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Rakso, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Icon Ext Travel Coils, Built right UCAs, nFab light bar, Fox 2.0 piggy backs, Demello Sliders, Weather Tech Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Mufler, 6000k HIDs Headlights, 3000K HIDs Fog Lights, Fogs Anytime Mod. Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap.
    Ok, so about a week ago I was driving to work, when traffic stopped in front of me... I manage to stop safely.
    BUT 3 other vehicles did not.

Let me first show you what happened to my truck...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the carnage:
    The one that rear ended my truck was a toyota corolla.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one behind the corolla

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the one behind the Ram

[​IMG]

2. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    Bullfrog

Bullfrog "I think I know more than I do."

Member:
    First Name:
    McLaren
    North Bend
    Vehicle:
    98 V6 4x Limited Ugly Canadian Green.
    Accessory Box with CB attached. Alpine Type S front and back. LineX. Bedline SKidplates. In progress: Bilstein 5100s with BFG mudterrains 33x10.5 A/C compressor to Onboard Air compressor mod.
    So nothing happened to your truck but you destroyed another car?

3. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Icon Ext Travel Coils, Built right UCAs, nFab light bar, Fox 2.0 piggy backs, Demello Sliders, Weather Tech Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Mufler, 6000k HIDs Headlights, 3000K HIDs Fog Lights, Fogs Anytime Mod. Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap.
    That is correct! Actually, SHE DESTROYED HER CAR. I felt bad for her, she was taken to the hospital, the air bag didn't deploy.

4. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    Maximus

Maximus Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    San Francisco-Marin
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    AFE filter, Magnaflow muffler, Icon Stage 1 with Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Demello Sliders, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skids, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, A lot of Plastidip, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Firestik Antenna
    Any damage to your bumper? hard to tell..

5. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    t.hornstra

t.hornstra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Rugged Trail
    Some stuff
    haha daannnggg, atta boy tacoma! nearly spotless from what I can tell.

what happened with the dodge vs Chevy sedan? Did the chevy go under the truck all the way up to the windshield?!

Good to see Tacoma's totally own when rear ended!

6. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    There is a big dent under it on the right hand side, she went under my truck. The side pics show how my bumper got pushed in into the body.

Yeah, it seems like the impala guy tried to avoid the Ram, with no luck.

7. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, flow master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Federal Signal Siren, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom built expedition style bed rack and basket combo, TRS Projector Retrofit Hopefully soon: Avid Front bumper Light bar w/lights
    ddddaaaaamn. go tacoma!
    Hope everyone else is ok though.. especially the woman who had to go to the hospital

8. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    I think she hit her head, no hair bag deployed. She was conscious though. I'm waiting for her insurance write me a check. I already took my truck to a shop to get an estimate, the whole towing harness assembly broke as well.

9. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Front Bumper, All-Pro UCAs, Icon ET Coilovers, Icon VS Rear Shocks, TSB Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, CBI Sliders, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps, Deeza HD Sway Bar Links
  10. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Nice. Cheap too.

11. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Roderick aka Royer
    Ontario/Chino Area (CALI)
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD ESport DCLB
    Half LT dont count
    Same happened to me about 2 years ago on the 60 fwy and 71 in Pomona...also with a corolla :anonymous:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glad your truck and you're good man

12. Mar 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Thanks

13. Mar 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Just out for a rip are ya bud?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, removable mothafuckin doors
    haha congrats on fucking up that car and getting what? a dent in your bed. Thank god for trucks!

14. Mar 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    Rakso

Rakso [OP] CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    I love my truck

15. Mar 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    Burns

Burns Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Truck is Sold
    Looks like your truck make it out in pretty good shape, the corolla not so much. I am shocked the airbag didn't go off on the corolla though.

16. Mar 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    Seabass

Seabass I need to go return some videotapes...

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    <insert thief bait here>
    The hitches on our trucks cause so much carnage to cars when they rear-end us. My hitch not only cleaved the Camry's radiator that rear-ended me, but also cracked the engine block. I was able to drive away and still use the hitch!

17. Mar 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Stonewall Jackson, '96 Xtracab, rebuilt motor
    Full rebuild short of machine work, mean green motherfucker! Lime green block, hand-polished valve cover, and stickers! Too broke for real mods right now. Stonewall is my baby, but he's also a work truck.
    Good ol Taco power right there Jack! Kinda like when I slipped on some black ice in our 94 Caravan (Big Rolling Turd) on the route like two Christmases ago, I ran into/totalled a relatively new Honda Accord. The whole driver's side of that Honda was one big dent, but the Big Rolling Turd didn't have a single scratch- well, any new ones, anyways. :D

18. Mar 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    chenbro

chenbro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sterling, CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver DCSB TRD OR
    Window tint, WeatherTech floormats, ARB w/ fogs, stereo/speaker upgrades, Icon ext. resi coilovers, Icon resi rear shocks, OME Dakar leafs, LR UCAs
    this happened to me too in my first taco (first-gen) about 10 years ago. I was on my way to get my liquor-legal driver license and got stopped at a light. The guy behind me was in an older mazda and he stopped, but the chick behind him... She pushed him into my car, i'm guessing he was in neutral, and half of the front of his car accordioned toward his cab. The only damage I suffered (and I didn't even have a tow hitch on this truck) was a cracked housing for one of the lights illuminating the rear license plate. I felt bad for the guy, since his car was leaking fluid everywhere and was basically totalled.

19. Mar 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    I gotta say, when I read the thread title, I was expecting something different :anonymous:

20. Mar 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    Mademan925

Mademan925 Senor Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OFFROAD DCSB
    enough to go over stuff
    My truck got rear ended 3 weeks after I got it. I had just towed some stuff for my dad so my hitch was on. The hitch punched through the guys grill. My truck was spottless. These trucks can take a beating.

To Top