1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yet Another Tire Fit Question From A New Guy

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by SteelCity, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Dec 20, 2007 at 12:59 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity [OP] Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    Hello to all. I've searched and searched (and used the "search" function), and went through almost every thread on tires and I'm still looking! I have a 2006 non-TRD double cab SR5. I'm getting the rear TSB done after Christmas (parts are in :D). Will I be able to fit 265/75/16s after the TSB with no rubbing? I guess I won't know until after the fix if I need to level it out. I've read a lot of threads from members who had the TSB done, but I couldn't find any with a DC non-TRD going to this tire size that mentioned rubbing or no rubbing. I would rather go to the 70s if there is a chance of rubbing. I've also been looking at front spacers and was wondering if I should level it out first or get new tires first. Thanks in advance!!

2. Dec 20, 2007 at 1:02 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    Well the 265/75/16 is about a 31.5" tire, so there will be a good chance that it may rub. I'm not 100% sure about this though.

3. Dec 20, 2007 at 2:46 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    Well the non TRD part really doesn't matter as after the TSB you'll have the TRD suspension.

That said after I get around to getting the TSB done on my truck I am intending to go with 265 75 R 16s, with billy 5100's in the front set at 1.75 above stock with probably a 1 inch front diff drop just to be safe.

Long winded way of saying that I don't expect to have any rubbing problems, so I think you should be fine.

Stock off road package tires are 30.6" diameter.

The 265 75 R16 in the same tire is 31.7".

A 1.1" didameter increase should not rub.

4. Dec 20, 2007 at 2:59 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    but if u do rub, just get some simple lift spacers in the front to level it back out and lift it up so it doesnt rub

5. Dec 20, 2007 at 6:37 PM
    SteelCity

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    Thanks for all the replies. One concern I had is that since I don't have a TRD, my front springs aren't the heavyduty type. I don't mind lifting the truck at all, I just didn't want the front higher than the rear if they rub and I have to adjust and go back to the rear with a block. I was trying to keep it simple.

6. Dec 20, 2007 at 6:42 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    a 2.5" lift in the front AFTER the tsb will put it pretty even...maybe a smidge higher in the front. so either find a 2" front kit and u'll be ok or do 2.5" in the front and add the 1" block in the rear if u dont like the look. i may be adding a 1" block to the rear to slightly lift it up...not sure yet though b/c i like the way it looks

7. Dec 20, 2007 at 7:03 PM
    SteelCity

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Okay, so a 2" front lift after the TSB with no rear block should work with 265/75/16s?

8. Dec 20, 2007 at 7:15 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    i'd say so. the stocks on my truck are 265/65/17's...so w/ 2" up front and the tsb i'd think u'd be ok...anyone wanna back me up on that??? lol

9. Dec 20, 2007 at 7:27 PM
    SteelCity

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks jhodge. Do you have the 265/65s on it now?

10. Dec 20, 2007 at 7:29 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    yes i do...for now. i plan on going to 255/75/17's before the carolina meet in the spring. so i'll be going from 30.6x10.4's to 32x10's after the 2.5 up front and at least the tsb in the rear already

11. Dec 20, 2007 at 7:34 PM
    SteelCity

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Looks good. I love the blacked out look. Did you get the wheels powder coated or painted?

12. Dec 20, 2007 at 7:42 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    thanks...going for all black accessories as i get them...haha...and the wheels were rattle canned right under my carport...haha...there's a topic in here about them in this section. i followed turdtaco's suit after he did his trd off road rims and they looked good as well. he's got pics in his gallery

Products Discussed in

To Top