1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yippee! Duratracs are in.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jrobson, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Oct 28, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    jrobson

jrobson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    Today is a good day. Just had both headlights replaced under warranty due to lens melt and my new Duratracs are sitting at home waiting on me. Tires will go on Saturday. I will have (5) Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's for sale shortly. (2) of them have less than 5,000 miles on them, (1) of them has about 15,000 on it, and the other (2) have about 30,000 miles on them. Looking for around $400 for all 5. I will not ship.

2. Oct 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Woot! You're going to love the duratracs!

3. Oct 28, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    x2

4. Oct 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    get the same lift as me and now the same tires. lol you'll love the tires

5. Oct 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    What makes the duratracs so good?

6. Oct 28, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    Eurosport

Eurosport Well-Known Member

Member:
    around the world
    they are definitely most overrated tires discussed on here lol
    most people are too cheap to get a dedicated winter set.
    they make them sound like they are god's gift for snow when in reality they are not that great in all snow conditions, specially since different types of regions get different type of snow that could benefit from a dedicated winter tire.
    they like agressive looking thread that can use year round. they don't mention they weigh a ton and have a tendancy to wear faster on the outside of the thread than most AT tires.
    they never mention how they do in the wet like everyone lives in Cali.
    a 1/4 of them i swear they are nitto tires (flames design) buyers since they just get them because the tire has little thread design on the sidewalls.

7. Oct 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Found this on-line:

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's On-/Off-Road Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multipurpose full-sized pickups, vans, sport utility and commercial vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and wintry conditions.
    Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.
    Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction

Results based on 73 submissions of our online tire survey.
    [​IMG]
    /1 /100%/ 8.5 / 8.8 / 8.8 / 7.9/ 9.2 / 8.2 / 9.4 /9.1 / 8.2 / 8.7 / 8.4 / 8.6 / 268,900

Would You Buy This Tire Again?
    Most said: "Probably" (Average of 8.5 out of 10)

8. Oct 28, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    skistoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Too cheap to get a dedicated winter set?
    With the duratrac's you dont need a dedicated winter set.
    I had no problems last winter at all, or may-be you think buffalo doesnt get alot of snow?

If you get the E-rated tire, they are alittle more heavy because they have more plys of the steel belts for more protection or if you have heavy trucks.
    the C-rated tires weigh about the same as any other AT tire.

I have had no problems in the rain, or mud, or on the highway.

If they are wearing on the outsides, you need more air.

And im sure everyone knows they are buying Duratracs and not Nitto's:)

9. Oct 28, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    skistoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    Sorry , got sidetracted there.

hey jrobson, i know you will love the Duratrac's

10. Oct 28, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    jrobson

jrobson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    Their reputation speaks for themselves. I guess with as many people swearing by them on here that we must ALL be stupid and not know what a good tire is. Maybe I can get a set of DEDICATED tires someday. LOL

11. Oct 28, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    jeremy.allen

jeremy.allen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    The Ville, Ky
    Vehicle:
    07 DC, OR
    3" Lift with OME 885's, 5100's front and rear, alcan add-a-leaf. Banks Monster Exhaust, on the way: MM951C 17X9 and 285 MT/R's...
    Sounds like somebody is one of those die hard BFG fanatics. Boo!!!!!!!!

12. Oct 28, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    ya i dont think they are that great in winter. they are terrible on ice compared to a set of real winter tires. especially when they dont salt the roads here.

Products Discussed in

To Top