1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

you ever have to delete a good friend from your phone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by aficianado, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Dec 25, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    aficianado

aficianado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i am considering it.

i met this guy in college. party time. we graduated and got lame "1st jobs". not in our degree of study of course. we worked in an effen petstore.

i thought long and hard, and decided my first degree sucked, and went back to school. i moved back to tex and got an engineering degree and hit life hard. i figured it out. i am debt free, except my mortgage. married, no kids. happy

my buddy is still smoking dope, getting fired, and now cannot find new work. he is about to get evicted. him and his girlfriend are toxic. all they do is ask for $$. i feed them, and listen to stories of woe. he maintains that none of it is his fault. life is against him.

i think i am done. he just busted his hand hitting a wall, after a fight with his mom, when she denied giving him $2700 for missing rent. he is crazy smart, but the laziest person ever.

2. Dec 25, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    loaderman82

loaderman82 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dalton
    Flippin, AR
    Vehicle:
    2008 Off-Road
    I listen to Dave Ramsey on the XM all the time, and he would say to not support his behavior, and I agree! People giving this guy money and everything else will just be giving a drunk a drink. It may feel wrong to do so, but this guy needs some tough love and let him hit rock bottom or he will be like this forever. You might lose a friend, but it will hopefully be the best for him in the long run! Congrats on being debt free, your someone to be looked up to by most of the world!

3. Dec 25, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    You are the definition of an enabler ........you need to cut him off,its for his own good. I have been through this with an addicted person. It was very hard to do but in the end this person hit rock bottom hard and then cleaned up their act and is living a productive life.

4. Dec 25, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    707tothe907

707tothe907 Superior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Chico NorCal
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Off Road
    Don't be an enabler or people will never be able to learn on their own.

5. Dec 25, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    BlueXenon

BlueXenon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles and Newport Coast
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic gray TRD sport (SOLD) 2004 Radiant Red TRD Off Road (SOLD)
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift, N-Fab nerf bars, tinted windows, debadged, 6000k xenon headlights, 18" ProComp 7089 Wheels in black with BFG AT KO 33's, SnugLid tonneau cover, Line X'ed TRD skid plate. SOLD! Waiting for the 3rd Gen!
    You are feeding his behavior by supporting him financially. He needs a wake up call to get his act together.

6. Dec 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM
    m0nster986

m0nster986 ♥ Emergency Medicine

Member:
    SoCal
    It's tough, but I think you know deep down inside you already answered you own question...

7. Dec 25, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    All GOOD advice. The above, however, says it all. Just asking the question means you KNOW what you gotta do.

I did it...IT STILL SUCKS...6 yrs later not to have my buddy as a friend. I still consider him to be the closest friend I ever had. Except I walked away because he was cheating on his wife with a married woman. I was not going to accept that kind of behavior in a friend. I miss him almost every day.

8. Dec 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    x2, very good

Products Discussed in

To Top