1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

You learn something new everyday !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by concrete jedi, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Mar 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    A couple weeks ago I had a thread about my 4x4 not going in 4LO, well I went to the dealer today and this is what has taken place. I bought these big ole' honking floor mats, hoping to keep the wintery sludge to a minimum. The thickness of the mats wouldn't allow me to depress the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, henceforth not allowing the sensor on the clutch to connect to the sensor !!??!! somewhere and presto all I get was the buzzer noting "please sir try again" The service dept are a bunch of really good guys and first and foremost did not make me feel like an idiot, second of all did not charge me for the time spent. :thumbsup: I work in a union company and have a lot of haters, especially when it comes to buying a Toyota, and I have been crowing a lot lately about how pleased I am with my truck, well when they got wind of me and my truck going to the dealer, well lets say "blood in the water" They heard the story are were thwarted somewhat, but from here on out, I am keeping my business to myself next time. Thanks Toyota, you didn't let me down. :)

2. Mar 10, 2008 at 5:50 PM
    dbbd1

dbbd1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    cool! Thanks for sharing. Yes, you do learn something everyday.

3. Mar 10, 2008 at 5:52 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Glad that worked out for you jedi....Might save someone else the frustration of trying to figure out that problem too!Good on your dealership for treating you the way they did as well.

4. Mar 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    hey buddy.....glad it was that easy of a fix. and i dont worry about other people and their "brands".........as we will be laughing as we drive on by some day and wave at them while their truck is stuck on the side of the road.........and we get the chance to say "told ya so"!!

5. Mar 10, 2008 at 7:57 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Nice! Didn't think of that... Then again I have the factory floor mats still, and they have the hooks that keep them from sliding up too far.

Do you have the clutch cancel button? If so, you could always push that if the mat gets jammed up under there again without getting out or trying to pull it back.

Products Discussed in

To Top