1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Zune MP3 Player Interface

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tanka Suka, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Mar 9, 2008 at 3:50 PM
    Tanka Suka

Tanka Suka [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Howdy,

I am trying to find out if anyone can confirm if there is any wiring or an adapter that will directly interface my Zune MP3 Player to my factory JBL 6 CD Changer Stero on my 06' Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport. I read a previous Forum about using a Metra Adapter but the Circuit Cities and Best Buys of the World claim you have to use the FM Transmitter units to accomplish this as the Zunes are fairly new yet. I would think the FM Transmitter Units compromise the Sound Quality--Little Help! Love the Truck, this the first Toyota I have ever had and the first Pick-Up with zero issues in the two years I have owned it.

Thanks,

Tanka Suka
    [​IMG]

2. Mar 9, 2008 at 3:59 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    I am not aware of any adapter specifically for the Zune. The Metra will work with an Ipod or any other device with a standard headphone jack.

3. Mar 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM
    AK Backcountry

AK Backcountry Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eagle River AK
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    Snugtop, Scangauge II, iPod Adaptor, Redline Hood Struts, Removed Secondary Air Filter, De-badged, AFE Drop In, Westin Oval Steps Future: Locker Anytime
    Tanka Suka

Don't have a Zune but I have been looking for an iPod adaptor and went into a Best Buy and got the same story regarding an adaptor for an 08. I think the end result is they wanted to sell me a new head unit or the FM unit. I don't care for the sound quality out of the FM unit either.

Good Luck with your Zune. I seem to remember some posts that discussed other MP3 player interfaces. If I find them I will send a link.

AKbackcountry

Products Discussed in

To Top