Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pic Request: Lift with Wheelers 5 leaf pack and 5100's with OME 880's or 881's

Old 01-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
v1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to all
v1ndictiv3's Tacoma Gallery
Pic Request: Lift with Wheelers 5 leaf pack and 5100's with OME 880's or 881's

Ok, so it's just like the title says... I've pretty much exhausted the search function and have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do with my suspension but I'd like to get a few images from you guys to help me out if you'd be so kind.

I'm planning on putting 5100's (set at 0) all around with the wheelers 5 leaf pack in the back. I'd like the keep the truck level, if not a small rear rake, so if people could tell me their experience and preferably post a pic with their setup with 880's or 881's I'd be so grateful.

From everything I've read 5 leaf pack gives about 1.5" lift and ome 880 coils give 1" lift whereas 881 coils give about 1.75" lift. I think the 881's are probably the way to go but I don't want to have a front rake which is why I wanna know your experiences.

Currently I'm running 265/75/15 tires and might move up to a 32x11.5. So any opinions/pics would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for help and reading through my post.

Cheers.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
exminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tony
exminnesotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
check out my post about halfway down this link. exactly the set-up you are looking for....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...cement-36.html
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
v1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to allv1ndictiv3 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by exminnesotaboy View Post
check out my post about halfway down this link. exactly the set-up you are looking for....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...cement-36.html
You're the man! Thanks so much. The setup looks super clean and pretty damn level.

Def going to go with 5 leaf pack and 5100's with 881's. Thanks so much man.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
here's what mine looked like right after i installed the wheelers 5 packs and 881 coils.......and this is with 265/70/16 tires........i run 265/75/16 anf it fills the fender wells in a lil more...

Old 01-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
ghs57 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chops
ghs57's Tacoma Gallery
I did not do 5100s, but did do the 5 pack and 880s. I could not be happier with the results. With the shell on, there is about a 1" rake. Overall, she sits about an inch or two higher then before, and drives like new.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I got some terrible pics... But I have everything + 2" AAL.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
Thanks to all. Think I know exactly what I'm gonna go with. Thanks all.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
This is a old, but fantastic thread. There might be some hope for my truck after all! Now if I could just get Wheeler's to work Friday/Saturday lol.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
OME 881s with Wheelers 5 leaf pack. Everything has settled a bit. Great setup

Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #12

Air Force:
Thanks for the links!

I think I have found what I have been looking for: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post1829942

The Wheeler's 5pack will work fine with my 5125's. At least that is what I am hoping for.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Baum View Post
Thanks for the links!

I think I have found what I have been looking for: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post1829942

The Wheeler's 5pack will work fine with my 5125's. At least that is what I am hoping for.
You're welcome.

Check with the experts at Wheeler's and/or DSM regarding 5125 compatibility with the 5-leaf spring sets or, more accurately, the ~2" lift they provide. There are previous threads on this topic here and here.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the links!

5125s wil work great. All the Billy shocks have the same valving, and are the same to mount. Only difference is 5125s come in more lengths. I bet som 8.5 or 9'' travel will be great for your setup. 5150s come with resi's for better cooling but not as many sizes.

Call DSM and tell em your from TW. They will hook you up good
Old 01-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
5125s wil work great. All the Billy shocks have the same valving, and are the same to mount. Only difference is 5125s come in more lengths. I bet som 8.5 or 9'' travel will be great for your setup. 5150s come with resi's for better cooling but not as many sizes.

Call DSM and tell em your from TW. They will hook you up good

DSM will certainly hook him up good, if he needs to buy shocks, but he implied he already has the 5125s and needs new leafs. Assuming that's the case, DSM already said stock height 5125s are NOT suitable for the lifted application.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #16

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post

DSM will certainly hook him up good, if he needs to buy shocks, but he implied he already has the 5125s and needs new leafs. Assuming that's the case, DSM already said stock height 5125s are NOT suitable for the lifted application.
Actually Dan @ Wheeler's and Marco @ DSM have both told me that the 5125's will work with a 1.5" AAL. With that information Dan convinced me to buy Wheeler's 3-leaf progressive AAL. A few days later I realized that adding an AAL to frowning leaf springs wouldn't work out very well. This is where I am at now.

The extended lengths are nearly the identical. The collapsed length of the 5125's are about 1/2" shorter than the 5100. If I were wheeling off-road then that might make a difference.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #17

Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually Dan @ Wheeler's and Marco @ DSM have both told me that the 5125's will work with a 1.5" AAL... The extended lengths are nearly the identical. The collapsed length of the 5125's are about 1/2" shorter than the 5100. If I were wheeling off-road then that might make a difference.
Good deal, though I that makes me wonder why DSM previously posted that "they will be too short for your 2" lift"?

Quote:
Dan convinced me to buy Wheeler's 3-leaf progressive AAL. A few days later I realized that adding an AAL to frowning leaf springs wouldn't work out very well. This is where I am at now.
You're in good company with your conclusion that an AAL isn't a good (long-term) cure for frowning leafs. The 5-leaf spring set, OTOH, definitely is.