Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Largest tire size

Old 05-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
IrmoRabbidMoose is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
IrmoRabbidMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Largest tire size

I know this is probably a popular topic, and I have done my research but I'd like to see what you all think before I make a decision. I'm looking at replacing my tires on my stock '04 Taco PreRunner. The stock tire size is 265/70/16 and I'd really like to go up a size (keep in mind there is absolutely no lift). So I did my research to see what the biggest tire size that you're able to put on a stock ride height Tacoma and it seems as though people say that 265/75/16 is about the biggest. I'm looking into getting the BFG KM2's. Any opinions or other beliefs?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
so you searched, found a lot of people that all agree on 265/75, and you're still asking??

interesting
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #3

I mean I'm seeing what everyone else is doing man... I'm not looking for smart ass comments I'm just trying to see if anyone else on this forum has the same setup.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
265/75 on 16s.

Welcome to TW where stupid questions get stupid answers. This isn't because we are jerks but because you can find most of what you need by searching.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
44" boggers will fit if you have -32* backspacing on your prop shaft and muffler bearings

I rubbed with 265/70/17's
Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
you can make anything fit depending on how much work you want to do.

judging by this thread you're going to want 32s
Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html
Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post

meh....who would believe the founder of the site?

lets just flood the interwebz with 20,000 of the same threads asking the same questions that way no one will ever find the real answer
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
meh....who would believe the founder of the site?

lets just flood the interwebz with 20,000 of the same threads asking the same questions that way no one will ever find the real answer
Yo sir, have a bad attitude.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
come on fhqwhgads

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we should ban?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #13

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
we should ban?
135 for that winch!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
I searched and didn't quickly run across anything which specifically answered the OP's questions (might be buried in there somewhere, but I didn't see it).

Anyway, he obviously knows (and says) what the largest tire size is. Thus, he instead appears to be asking whether anyone disagrees ("other beliefs") about the largest tire size and whether ("what you think," "opinons") going up a tire size is worth the effort or more trouble than it's worth.

-
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
we should ban?
yes.... yes we should

Quote:
135 for that winch!
I got 130...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
I searched and didn't quickly run across anything which specifically answered the OP's questions (might be buried in there somewhere, but I didn't see it).

Anyway, he obviously knows (and says) what the largest tire size is. Thus, he instead appears to be asking whether anyone disagrees ("other beliefs") about the largest tire size and whether ("what you think," "opinons") going up a tire size is worth the effort or more trouble than it's worth.
-
Thanks for the interpretation.

Tires will rub
Old 05-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
tacoma.nut is on a distinguished road
Name: Beeb
tacoma.nut's Tacoma Gallery
Try this. This really helped me with the visual and specs. http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
Old 05-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #17

I appreciate the input everyone, I just wanted to check with everyone before I made a $1000 mistake. XD
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #18
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/R16
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
MY NAME ISN'T WILL
STiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTiLL WILL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt [again, not WILL]
STiLL WILL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJPP View Post
265/75/R16
^^^^that.

I HAD the same lift as you have and it still rubbed at full lock slightly and those are with my Hankook all terrains. If you go with a more substantial mud terrain type tire you'll probably rub more but not too badly.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
44" boggers will fit if you have -32* backspacing on your prop shaft and muffler bearings

I rubbed with 265/70/17's