thechamper's 2009 Build

Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
thechamper is on a distinguished road

thechamper's Tacoma Gallery
thechamper's build | '09 DCLB MGM

2009 Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner Double Cab Long Bed
Magnetic Gray Metallic
4.0 V6

I picked her up October 26, 2011. This thread will track my build out over the next couple months!

One year later...

Here she is in her sales picture.

Came with:
Mods I have done: (pictures to come)
  • Customized Eclipse start-up screen (How to - thanks to czechm8 & TRD Wallpapers from JDMcompliant)
  • Painted badges custom green - just finished paint, plan to reattach this weekend (Inspiration)

• Ready Lift Suspension 3.0"F/1.0"R - Eliminated my tire rub!
    **Pictures soon to come! Waiting on a day of good weather to wash the truck!
  • Goodyear All-weather mats (Autozone) FYI - Don't buy the cheaper Autozone brand, I had a set and put a hole in them with my shoes in a couple months...Worthless!!
  • Tailgate anti-theft hoseclamp (Tread)
  • 3" Black Powdercoated Nerf Bars (Truck Champ)
  • Black Kobalt Diamond Plated Slim Low Profile Toolbox
  • OEM Door Sill Protectors

Near future mods:
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
More pics!! LOving it so far.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #4

Green Badges

I'm going to attach them back to the truck this weekend. Anyone recommend a specific tape? I picked some up from Autozone, but the sales guy didn't give me much confidence in the 3M level 2 tape i got.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say the 3m. Although I haven't used any other double sided automotive tape but I guess I havent needed to since 3m brand does the job.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
JRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Josh
JRader1790's Tacoma Gallery
The 3M tape from AutoZone has always worked great for me, used it a number of times with no problems.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #7

Thanks for the advice guys! I ended up doing a little more research about the "Level 2" tape I bought and it turns out it was the recommended strength for the emblems. Was a little bit time consuming but 3M adhesive double sided tape worked great!

Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice idea with the green badges, makes it very unique
Old 01-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Love the badges man good work
Old 01-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
damn looks good man def remove the front mudflaps. tacomas always look better without the front mudflaps on
Old 01-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
I just took mine off and looks good on my truck but idk... His looks fine with them on. maybe give it a shot to see
Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
Pismo is on a distinguished road
Name: Tasha
Pismo's Tacoma Gallery
This looks awesome! Can't wait to see more...
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
How do y'all think that coloring of the emblems would look on a silver "background"?