Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Loaded Taco's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #101
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got some goodies today...

Old 04-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #102
wolverine768 is on a distinguished road

wolverine768's Tacoma Gallery
Baja Questions

Great build on your truck! I was contacting Tyler at Pelfreybilt and he lead me to your build. I am deciding on whether or not to get a Baja edition or not. I need to be able to run a winch sometimes for my work(and wheeling) but dont want to lug around the extra 80-95 lbs daily. I was thinking of having Tyler do a bumper w a reciever and just mount the winch in there when needed(versamount). I need to run steel cable since I use winch for pulling stumps, toppling towers, sliding construction containers, etc.
1. Can the Baja suspension handle the bumper with no mods? (and remember I'd be w/o winch there most of the time)
2. Did you notice a decrease in ride quality, bottoming out, etc, after you installed bumper and winch?
3. Did you do the other suspension mods (total chaos, cab mount chop etc) for other reasons?

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #103
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
IMO Just buy a TRD offroad and upgrade the suspension. With the amount you save you can get a new suspension and a bumper.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #104
wolverine768 is on a distinguished road

wolverine768's Tacoma Gallery
but all those upgrades add up and no warranty

problem is I will not have a warranty on custom suspension and I can't deal with headaches(like a rebuild on shocks). I can get a baja for right around $35k. if i go upgraded supsension on a regular off road for $30k + shocks+ bumper + winch + wheels and tires + install, I'm stting right around that #. I'd rather just get a smittybuilt on a harbor freight mount into a reciever and bring it when I need it, and leave it when I don't. I'll get better mileage daily and full warranty. I looked into cbi front hitch mount but it just adds 50lbs, so if pelfreybilt is light enough and i remove stock bumper I may be ahead of that. (may not, which is what i'm digging into)
Old 04-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #105
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine768 View Post
Great build on your truck! I was contacting Tyler at Pelfreybilt and he lead me to your build. I am deciding on whether or not to get a Baja edition or not. I need to be able to run a winch sometimes for my work(and wheeling) but dont want to lug around the extra 80-95 lbs daily. I was thinking of having Tyler do a bumper w a reciever and just mount the winch in there when needed(versamount). I need to run steel cable since I use winch for pulling stumps, toppling towers, sliding construction containers, etc.
1. Can the Baja suspension handle the bumper with no mods? (and remember I'd be w/o winch there most of the time)
2. Did you notice a decrease in ride quality, bottoming out, etc, after you installed bumper and winch?
3. Did you do the other suspension mods (total chaos, cab mount chop etc) for other reasons?

Thanks!!!!!!
I have no issue so far. I have had the bumper for a little while now and it seems good. It dropped just a little bit, but not much. I would say my truck sits level, whereas before the front was a little higher in the front. I have not touched the suspension so far.

1) Yes
2) Not that I can tell. Still feels like the same truck to me.
3) No I have not done any suspension mods to it.

My advice: It all comes down to the cash. If you have the cash to buy the truck, buy the suspension, buy the bumper and all the other goodies toys then do that. That way the truck is built to your liking. If you want a lifted truck and only can afford what you finance then a Baja is a great option.

If I knew I was going to be modding my truck this much & I had the cash to do so I would have bought a TRD and put a suspension on it with 700# springs up front for weight and an expo leaf setup in the rear. The thing is I knew I wanted a lift and I knew I didn't have the money to put the suspension on. I love that my truck is rare. I love that I can do everything I want to it without having to change the suspension.

I have skids ordered, I'll put bigger tires on, put a roof rack on, and a rear bumper. Then in when I am ready I will replace the suspension with a quality mid travel.

Overall I am very impressed with the Baja's suspension. I will have it up in Moab at the end of may. Check back in then and see how I feel.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #106
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
My advice: It all comes down to the cash. If you have the cash to buy the truck, buy the suspension, buy the bumper and all the other goodies toys then do that. That way the truck is built to your liking. If you want a lifted truck and only can afford what you finance then a Baja is a great option.

If I knew I was going to be modding my truck this much & I had the cash to do so I would have bought a TRD and put a suspension on it with 700# springs up front for weight and an expo leaf setup in the rear. The thing is I knew I wanted a lift and I knew I didn't have the money to put the suspension on. I love that my truck is rare. I love that I can do everything I want to it without having to change the suspension.

I have skids ordered, I'll put bigger tires on, put a roof rack on, and a rear bumper. Then in when I am ready I will replace the suspension with a quality mid travel.

Overall I am very impressed with the Baja's suspension. I will have it up in Moab at the end of may. Check back in then and see how I feel.
Couldnt have said it better. Also a reason why I went with the Baja. Had I known they were going to make them in white i would have waited haha. Like you stated though I didnt have the cash to go out and purchase a quality mid travel setup along with all the components that go with it.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #108
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice truck. It already looked good, but the bumper really changed the look of the truck for the better.
Thank You!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #109
TMartATC22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
TMartATC22's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck. 2 nice choices right off the bat: stripping the decals and color matching the grill.

Do you still have the 35% tint on the front windows? is there a major difference front to back?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #110
D33WAN4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alviraaz
D33WAN4's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck bro, and thanks for giving reference to where u got things and all the before and after pictures.
thanks

oh 1 more thing, onces you have that bumper put can you take the headlights or grill out or you would have to remove the bumper in order to remove headlight or grill
thanks
Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #111
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Nice looking TX man! I love that red!!! Check out my build.... looking at doing a lift and some tires soon.... but gotta sock away some cash first!

Let me know what you think!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #112
Kick A$$ Member

Old 04-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #113
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33WAN4 View Post
nice truck bro, and thanks for giving reference to where u got things and all the before and after pictures.
thanks

oh 1 more thing, onces you have that bumper put can you take the headlights or grill out or you would have to remove the bumper in order to remove headlight or grill
thanks
You could definitely take the grill and headlights out still. I have taken the grill off since putting the bumper on.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #114
Kick A$$ Member

Used this thread to build some high lift mounts.

Great write up if was fun and easy! My high lift-extreme was a bit too long so I chopped off 3.375 inches and now it fits perfectly in my short bed. All I used to cut it was a hacksaw and a truck load of elbow grease.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #115
Kick A$$ Member

Video of the last trip I had to the badlands off road park in indiana.

http://youtu.be/9bE9OoqARkU
Old 05-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #116
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
how tough was it to remove all the extra stickers, were they individual or all connected?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #117
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
how tough was it to remove all the extra stickers, were they individual or all connected?
On a hot summer day my brother and I peeled them off in about 20 min. Most of them were all connected.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #118
Kick A$$ Member

I installed my CB and PA on friday.

CB is in my center Counsel

4' Firestick

Custom Auxiliary fuse panel by tooblutacoma06

PA speaker - I have no legitimate reason for this other than my CB has a port for it and it was easy to wire up.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #119
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Looks good!!! So what is the Aux fuse panel used for? I know NOTHING about electricity haha. Just that it hurts when I get shocked
Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #120
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
Looks good!!! So what is the Aux fuse panel used for? I know NOTHING about electricity haha. Just that it hurts when I get shocked
As I keep adding accessories I want a way to keep all the wires organized and protected by fuses. Instead of having an inline fuse for my CB under the center counsel and an inline fuse under the hood for my 20" LED bar I wired them both through that fuse box. The entire fuse box is also protected by a circuit breaker. Most importantly it looks cool under the hood.

I don't really know that much either. The guy that helped me do the install owns an automotive electronics shop. We did the install together and he taught me a lot along the way. With all the right tools it was pretty easy to do. Now I need to save up some money so I can get that badass roof rack that Pelfreybilt makes.

Products Discussed in this Thread