Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pic request pls -- show me ur 2nd gen with 1.75" front lift and 265/75/16 Duratracs

Old 11-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Pic request pls -- show me ur 2nd gen with 1.75" front lift and 265/75/16 Duratracs

Preferably with stock wheels, and preferably with before-and-after pics (i.e., stock and then lifted with the bigger tires).

Since I had front end vibes with 2.5" in front, I'm thinking of trying 1.75" with tires that won't rub at that height...
Old 11-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Im running 1.75" front, Firestone Ride-Rite spring helpers, and 265/70/17 duratracs. Here are a couple pics for somewhat of an idea. The pictures don't really do the lift any justice, it seems higher in person for sure.

Before (stock):

After:

Most people like the level look, but I like the stance with some rake in it.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ That's perfect, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
I agree. I prefer the stock nose-low ride attitude rather than level.

I had really been hoping to put 33" 285's on my truck with 2.5" lift...but scaling down my aspirations and going this route may be a good comprimise.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/75/16s Duratracs on powdercoated black TRD Off-Road wheels.
However, I'm set at 2.5" up front with bilstein 5100s.

Check my photoshoot thread here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...hoot-look.html
Old 11-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #6

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
I have 265/75/16s Duratracs on powdercoated black TRD Off-Road wheels.
However, I'm set at 2.5" up front with bilstein 5100s.

Check my photoshoot thread here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...hoot-look.html
Yeah I saw your thread -- truck looks sick man!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #7

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
Im running 1.75" front, Firestone Ride-Rite spring helpers, and 265/70/17 duratracs. Here are a couple pics for somewhat of an idea. The pictures don't really do the lift any justice, it seems higher in person for sure.

p.s., do you happen to have before/after ride height measurements? I assume that with 1.75" lift and ~0.5" tire radius increase compared to stock it would sit about 2.25" higher in front overall -- but just wondering if you have some actual measured numbers / empirical data...
Old 11-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the truck some look level at 1.75, some look nose high.

i think there are a few threads discussing this somewhere here.

i went with .85 and truck looks stock with the rear TSB.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
scully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nice
scully's Tacoma Gallery
Stock suspension and w/ rear TSB and OEM tires

and after bilis set at 1.75 and new Duratracs

Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
scully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nice
scully's Tacoma Gallery
Now that I think of it I think the above picture was after the bilsteins were installed. Here is another before
Old 11-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #11

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scully View Post
Now that I think of it I think the above picture was after the bilsteins were installed.
Yeah, I was gonna say... that first pic looked a bit higher than stock.

Thanks for posting these pix, they really help give me an idea of what it all would look like, as I have the exact same truck as you (minus the FJ TRD wheels).
Old 11-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #12

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
Depending on the truck some look level at 1.75, some look nose high.

i think there are a few threads discussing this somewhere here.

i went with .85 and truck looks stock with the rear TSB.
Yeah, when I had mine previously set at 2.5", the front was exactly an inch higher than the rear, so if I set em at 1.75" they would still be a hair higher than the rear. I'd probably do a 1.5" AAL to maintain the stock ride attitude.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 AM   #13
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
p.s., do you happen to have before/after ride height measurements? I assume that with 1.75" lift and ~0.5" tire radius increase compared to stock it would sit about 2.25" higher in front overall -- but just wondering if you have some actual measured numbers / empirical data...
Sorry, I don't have any actual measurements. Like you said, I assume it is 2.25" in the front, and I have the 1/4" spacer on the drivers side for the lean. I'm currently getting around 1.25-1.5" rear lift from the airbags, because my truck was nose high with the tsb leafs and 5100s @ 1.75", they had sagged a lot. Airbags also fixed the taco lean in the rear, put a little more psi in the drivers side.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #14
jayandcourt is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
jayandcourt's Tacoma Gallery
i have that set-up and love it! Love the Billies and the tires! I'm still learning on the pictures maybe one day. I think you will be pleased! I did a ToyTech aal to the rear and love the stance.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #15
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, when I had mine previously set at 2.5", the front was exactly an inch higher than the rear, so if I set em at 1.75" they would still be a hair higher than the rear. I'd probably do a 1.5" AAL to maintain the stock ride attitude.
I'm no help with 16" Duratrac's as I'm running 18's, but we do have the same truck and my front end is sitting .5" higher than the rear with 5100's set at 1.75" and stock rear.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #16

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Brett - that's about what I figured...thanx.

Are you guys who are running 265/75/16 and 1.75" or 2.5" lift using any kind of wheel spacers like Spidertrax? Can't decide if that would look goofy with "skinny" tires (as in, skinny compared to 285's) or if it would look okay to broaden the stance. I'd be running stock wheels if I did this tire/lift setup.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Brett - that's about what I figured...thanx.

Are you guys who are running 265/75/16 and 1.75" or 2.5" lift using any kind of wheel spacers like Spidertrax? Can't decide if that would look goofy with "skinny" tires (as in, skinny compared to 285's) or if it would look okay to broaden the stance. I'd be running stock wheels if I did this tire/lift setup.
Wheel spacers with stock width tires definitely won't look goofy, that's half the benefit of the spacers, is getting a wider stance out of stock tires! If you want a wider looking stance, the spacers will be even more effective with 265's than 285's, as 285's just add additional width.

There's a guy in Kirkland on here that's running Spidertrax on his double-cab with stock wheels with 265's, I'll see if I can find his profile for you, his truck looks really nice. Found it:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ohn-build.html
Old 12-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #18

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
Wheel spacers with stock width tires definitely won't look goofy, that's half the benefit of the spacers, is getting a wider stance out of stock tires! If you want a wider looking stance, the spacers will be even more effective with 265's than 285's, as 285's just add additional width.

There's a guy in Kirkland on here that's running Spidertrax on his double-cab with stock wheels with 265's, I'll see if I can find his profile for you, his truck looks really nice. Found it:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ohn-build.html
Cool, thanks for that link... I definitely like the way that setup looks! I'm pretty sure I've seen that truck rolling around Kirkland before. I've def seen more built up 2nd gens in Kirkland than anywhere else in the state -- must have something to do with Kirkland's Hawaiian-influenced beach town culture, even if the beaches are made of grass.

I'm thinking I'm gonna try switching to 1.75" in front, hope I get no vibes at that height, and if all seems good, I'll go with 265/75/16's with Spidertrax.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #19
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
Please post some pics when done. I put an aal and bilsteins at 2.5 on the front and got the vibes. I took the aal off and am debating leaving the bilsteins at 2.5 or dropping down to 1.75. Curious to see how it looks.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #20
jaykulas is on a distinguished road
jaykulas's Tacoma Gallery
billies at 1.75 and aal rear no tsb and 265 75 16 DT's.

crappy pic from a phone.