1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Access Loredo vs Limited

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mquinnan, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    mquinnan

mquinnan [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    My 06 Tacoma has bed rails. Will either or both of these tonneau covers work with my rails and tie downs? Is it worth the extra $ to buy the limited? Finally, any tips on the install would be appreciated.

2. Mar 30, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    I just bought an Access Roll-Up and can use the tie downs with it but I have to slide them in from the end of the rail instead of turning it on a 90 and inserting it. If you're looking to buy a tonneau be sure to check out Truck Alterations as they had the best price I could find http://www.truckalterations.com/html/tacomaworld.html.

Also, here's a couple links to some TW members tonneau installs.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/detailing/68017-access-le-install-09-tacoma.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/134076-access-limited-tonneau-lots-pics.html

BTW: Youtube has some helpful install video's too.

3. Apr 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    4Runnerzzz
    Originally not Expo AF! Kinda Expo AF now...lame.
    Agreed. I just got my Access LiteRider in today from Truck Alterations. 280.00 shipped, and it's exactly what I wanted. You have to remove the bed rail system, then bolt it back on in front of the bed cover rails.

It still works, even with the full sized cleats, but you do have to slide them in on the sides like the other poster said.

All in all, took around 45 minutes to install. If you have an impact gun it will make install easier and faster, just be careful not to over-torque those bolts, I could see them easily breaking off if you put an impact on them too long.

Quite sturdy when installed right, however, and I can still use my cleats!

**NOTE** You will not be able to access the rail on the cab-part of the truck (the back of the bed) once you install these rails, so I'm going to buy the mini-tie down cleats to put there, or get 2 more regular ones, and take the cover rails out, put them on, and leave them there. That way I don't need to move them around, since 6 cleats should be all I ever need.

Products Discussed in

To Top