Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shallower Satoshi grill possible?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
Shallower Satoshi grill possible?

I love the Satoshi grill mods, but the mesh is usually installed a bit too deep for my taste, but on the other end of the spectrum, I'm not a fan of just putting the grillcraft mesh straight on the front. I have a 2011 grill so I'm not about to mess with it, and I haven't got my hands on an older grill to check out the design more, but I was wondering, is it possible to do a satoshi mod, but sand down the inner wall of the grill a little more to bring the mesh closer to the front a little, so that its maybe an inch from the front face of the grill?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Sure, don't sand down the back any tho. Just epoxy some bolts or whatever around the perimeter and install grill from front!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Ooh, cool thanks. I was looking around and saw, i guess its called a mini-lip satoshi? is that how they do it?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
or a jamoshi grill!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Start your own trend OP

The Shalloshi
Haha, I've been looking around more, and it looks like the "shalloshi" is already out there. Great name for it tho
Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
what about a deeper satoshi
Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
what about a deeper satoshi
You know where to find that , you've been around long enough
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #11

thanks for all the help guys. those jamoshi's look great. I have a white taco, and Im debating between making a color-matched jamoshi, or making an unpainted jamoshi with a BHLM. I kinda want an overall darker look, but the color-matched sounds good too. idk
Old 04-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #12
NemoRific is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
NemoRific's Tacoma Gallery
i have a white taco too and went with the unpainted look. the color match to me seems to take away from the meanness factor of the satoshi mod IMO.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:40 AM   #13
dep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
dep3091's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobigindi View Post
Haha, I've been looking around more, and it looks like the "shalloshi" is already out there. Great name for it tho
Deputoshi!!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #14
delrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
delrayrasta's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2011 and decided to do the satoshi, NOT EASY!!!! but i'll let you know how it comes out. so far i had to cut every single little honeycombs out and now i'm sanding and fixing the gaps. each honeycomb creates gaps. finding an older one would have been easier but i wanted to try it out and see what happen. i might be making the first 2011 satoshi or just a frankensatoshi grill. time will tell.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrayrasta View Post
i have a 2011 and decided to do the satoshi, NOT EASY!!!! but i'll let you know how it comes out. so far i had to cut every single little honeycombs out and now i'm sanding and fixing the gaps. each honeycomb creates gaps. finding an older one would have been easier but i wanted to try it out and see what happen. i might be making the first 2011 satoshi or just a frankensatoshi grill. time will tell.
holy crap! thats a huge job. post some pics when ur done. Yah i have the same grill and i'm actually thinking of leaving it because its kinda like a satoshi with a big bar in the middle. I might just paint it white or see if someone with a white 2011 grill would want to trade. (even tho thats pretty unlikely)
Old 04-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
delrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to beholddelrayrasta is a splendid one to behold

Name: Paul
delrayrasta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobigindi View Post
holy crap! thats a huge job. post some pics when ur done. it'll be legendary Yah i have the same grill and i'm actually thinking of leaving it because its kinda like a satoshi with a big bar in the middle I might just paint it white or see if someone with a white 2011 grill would want to trade. (even tho thats pretty unlikely)
yea its a lot more work then i first thought, hopefully i can get it done or close to finish today. it looks pretty bad right now i might take a few picture and post them when i have some picture of it looking better.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrayrasta View Post
yea its a lot more work then i first thought, hopefully i can get it done or close to finish today. it looks pretty bad right now i might take a few picture and post them when i have some picture of it looking better.
i'm sure it's nothing some bondo can't fix. can't wait to see the pics!