Notices

2012 Reverse Camera Switch

Old 02-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
DIVERMAN is on a distinguished road

Name: Cullen
DIVERMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractured View Post
Do you have the touchscreen? Are you trying to get it to pop up on the screen when you hit the switch? Or on the mirror?
touchscreen (entune). mine is not on the mirror, it is in the radio.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #23
grhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of light
grhopper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractured View Post
Do you have the touchscreen? Are you trying to get it to pop up on the screen when you hit the switch? Or on the mirror?
Touchscreen here also. We have the same mirror as the others. It would be interesting to know how far the mirror is wired and if it would be an easy mod to have the camera displayed on both.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #24
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhopper View Post
Touchscreen here also. We have the same mirror as the others. It would be interesting to know how far the mirror is wired and if it would be an easy mod to have the camera displayed on both.
That's what I would like to be able to do, display on both.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THREAD REVIVAL!!!!

Anybody actually done the anytime camera mod for the touchscreen Entune system? Or figured out how to route the camera image to both the Entune screen and the mirror?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

Drakivnsf's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to start a new thread, but I have been on other forums for a very long time and I know better. Anyways I finally got around to cracking open my truck and tinkering around to try and do this with my entune. I got it to work and its awesome, bare with me as my truck is dirty and I kind of was figuring things out as I went since I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I did have to change the way I hooked the witch up since it wouldn't work the way the normal mirror mod was connected. Remember, TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am not responsible for anything that should go wrong if you attempt this. Anyways, here we go:

First you will need to have the items listed in Crom's mod, except you can use a regular rocker switch if you want since you only need 2 terminals not 3 as it wouldn't work for me. You will need to get access to your fuse panel and route a wire from where you will add the circuit to where you will install the switch.

Next you will need to remove the glove compartment, and to do this it's very easy if you have never done so. Just open it, then gently squeeze the side towards the inside of the compartment from the outside where the 2 pegs are holding it from falling and it will slide right down. Next detach the plunger/shock from its mount, it should just pop off with gentle pressure.

Once that is done it will be hanging and now you can just pop it straight off. Now you have access to the computer wiring and such.

Now looking towards the right side of where the glove compartment used to be if you are facing it, there will be loads of wiring. Don't get discouraged, it's not too hard to reach. It will be located on the most left terminal connections. And it will be at the bottom of that column.

Now before attempting anything, I suggest disconnecting the battery before you start cutting/splicing/or connecting anything just to be safe. Now, disconnect that bottom plug and the wire will be the Number 2 lead for that plug, which will be the second position up from the bottom right column if it were still plugged in.

Now you will want to route another wire from where you are going to install the switch to this location. Now you cut the wire and run 2 wires to the switch. 1 wire will be from the computer, and the other is from the entune unit.

Now the wire from the computer will connect to the COM terminal on your SPDT switch. The other wire from the entune unit will connect to the NC terminal. Then the 12v signal from your add-a-circuit will connect to your NO terminal. The video will help show you how it looks. Here is where I chose to install my switch btw:

Now for the add a circuit in your fuse box, just make sure you install it into a pre-existing fuse position lower than 10 amps. I chose the ACC position which is 7.5 amps.

Now you can go ahead and connect the wires to your switch and that should be it. Go ahead and reconnect your battery and test the switch out to make sure it works. Once you're done testing it and its working you can button everything back up and be done with it. I hope this helps anyone that wanted to do this with your entune. If anyone has anything to add or suggest, please feel free. Enjoy!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #29
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

I don't know what package determines where it shows up, but I think it might have something to do with the homelink package. I am going to guess you don't have homelink and therefore it shows up in the mirror. Again this is just a guess as I don't know for sure, but that seems to be the factor because my friend doesn't have the homelink and his is in the mirror, while I have homelink and its on the entune screen.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakivnsf View Post
I don't know what package determines where it shows up, but I think it might have something to do with the homelink package. I am going to guess you don't have homelink and therefore it shows up in the mirror. Again this is just a guess as I don't know for sure, but that seems to be the factor because my friend doesn't have the homelink and his is in the mirror, while I have homelink and its on the entune screen.
I have home link and mine is in the HU, but I would love to be able to have it in both and with a switch. THANKS TO YOU, I can finally have a switch though. You are the bomb. The reverse light makes me nervous though. Let us know how this works out, I'm curious what happens whey you're going 60+ and hit the switch, hopefully you don't kill the tranny. I wonder if your reverse lights come on; have you checked?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #31
Dance Party Guru

Im still testing, i gotta look into a couple of things and ill let you know. But so far nothing bad going 60 and flipping the switch. It seems that lead just sends a signal to everything related to putting it in reverse aside from the transmission. It turns on the reverse lights in your tails too, but it works out cause at night it lights up where your camera is looking. Funny too cause it trips people out if they are tailgating lol. But like i said i need to check a couple more things in the next couple days and i'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #32
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
:thumbup:
Old 04-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #33
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #35
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have the Homelinc system, and JBL with Entune and it only shows in the Mirror.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #37
Dance Party Guru

Ok everyone, sorry it took me so long to get back to you work can be a pain in the butt. I updated the write up and it is all corrected now. Works flawlessly, thank you caribe makaira for the advice. I updated the video post as well for anyone interested! Is there anyway of adding this to the mods list so more people can see this post?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #38
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok everyone, sorry it took me so long to get back to you work can be a pain in the butt. I updated the write up and it is all corrected now. Works flawlessly, thank you caribe makaira for the advice. I updated the video post as well for anyone interested! Is there anyway of adding this to the mods list so more people can see this post?
will this method work for NON-jbl?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #39
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up

I am not looking to do this mod howevef I did find very usefull the pictures of were all the ECUs are located on the taco. I assume they are in the same spots for a 2009.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #40
Dance Party Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
will this method work for NON-jbl?
to be honest I do not know if it is the same for a non-jbl or not. I would suggest testing the wire with a volt meter on yours to see. If it is, then your golden. 12v in reverse, 0v when in park or any other position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetman1979 View Post
I am not looking to do this mod howevef I did find very usefull the pictures of were all the ECUs are located on the taco. I assume they are in the same spots for a 2009.
I want to say yes, but my truck is a 2012 entune equipped model. So things may be located in different spots or not I do not know. Sorry I couldn't help you with this.