Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WILL THIS WORK TO LIGHT THE 4x4 SWITCH?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
I don't roll on Saturday
Muskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud of

Name: Carl
Muskwa's Tacoma Gallery
WILL THIS WORK TO LIGHT THE 4x4 SWITCH?

'08 DC SB SR5 TRD

Guys,

I have an idea to light the 4x4 switch.

It looks like the switch is able to hold a bulb but Toyota chose to put in a plastic blank.

I'm thinking of somehow glueing a bulb (a bulb from the buttons that control "LSD Off" and the like).

Would an expoxy work to hold that bulb in or is there some kind of "circuit board glue"?

Would this bulb cause some kind of short burning down my rig?

What do you guys think? Maybe someone already has done this?

I attached some photos to show what I'm on about.
Attached Thumbnails
WILL THIS WORK TO LIGHT THE 4x4 SWITCH?-1.jpg   WILL THIS WORK TO LIGHT THE 4x4 SWITCH?-2.jpg   WILL THIS WORK TO LIGHT THE 4x4 SWITCH?-3.jpg   WILL THIS WORK TO LIGHT THE 4x4 SWITCH?-4.jpg   WILL THIS WORK TO LIGHT THE 4x4 SWITCH?-5.jpg  

Old 04-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
This is how you do it.

Read about it here.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rcb...ed-switch.html
Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
I don't roll on Saturday
Muskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud of

Muskwa's Tacoma Gallery
ok, but why wouldn't the bulb light up if I glued it in?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post
This

Hurry up , supply is limited
Old 04-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskwa View Post
ok, but why wouldn't the bulb light up if I glued it in?
You can follow this guide and it will take you forever and you may break something and it won't look all that great.

Do yourself a favor and buy rcbs204's product. Everyone who has one is very happy.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
I don't roll on Saturday

Muskwa's Tacoma Gallery
what if you just install the bulb from the 4runner switch into the Tacoma switch?

wouldn't that work?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
I don't roll on Saturday

Muskwa's Tacoma Gallery
I wish Dr.Evil would make a lighted switch!