Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Very sad times for me! The 06 Tacoma is sold! But why did I really sell it....

Old 12-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
DrivingInstructor is on a distinguished road
DrivingInstructor's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Very sad times for me! The 06 Tacoma is sold! But why did I really sell it....

Here I am sitting in front of my computer in a vary sad mood! About 15 mins ago, the new owner of the 06 Tacoma drove away. I am not sad because of him driving away, I am sad and frustrated that the MAIN reason I sold the truck is because of the poor service I received from my local dealer. Wow, just writing this is infuriating me!

I did speak to Toyota Canada and voiced my concerns and hopefully they can do something to better the service other people will receive after receiving my call.

The icing on the cake: Today I was in there to have my truck safety again (was safety about 3 months ago) and during my last visit where they charged me almost $40 to tell me my temperature and compass was not working and it was not under warranty (it was not working, I asked if it was under warranty and they said, we will check it out....$40 bucks later) and they changed my air filter without asking me (changed about 2 oil changes ago!!) I was hoping they would cut me a deal on the safety inspection................

THEY DID: I saved a whole $16.00.

Last comment as I wont need to come back to this site but only to check on this thread is that $16.00 cost them $33 000.00 as I was about to buy a 2010 Prius. ( I was going to give them a chance!)

Honda, here I come........?

Take care everyone and keep cool! (I feel better when I write about issues!)

GP

ORIGINAL POSTS:

Just need to Bitch a bit 07-21-2009, 08:22 PM
My outside temperature display is not working in my truck. So I go into my dealer for an oil change and I ask them if it would be under waranty ( I bought the extended warranty up to 160) and they said, they will check it for me. So I come back and they said nope, it would cost me like 1400 bucks to change it........ I was like YIKEs...... no thanks. So I look at my bill, they charged me .3 of an hour to tell me that it was not working........

Also, is it only me or when I check my oil in my truck, it's always over full by about 3/4 of an inch. I brought it in and they said that I need to check it right after it gets turned off and that is where I get my acurate reading. So when you let it sit, it will alway read over. Does this sound right???

My rear axle seal is leaking onto my shoes....... seal is warrantied but they had to charge me to change the shoes and the oil they put in. I had to beg for them to take time off of the .8 hr to change the shoes considering they were in there removing the seal. They finally dropped it to .5 hours... wow eh!

And does anyone else have problems where they change your air filter without asking you? It was replace 3 oil changes ago (about 4 months)

Funny how I have a Nissan Versa and it has been a nightmare......but the service at the nissan dealer....well, they bend over for me when I am in for service.

Oh well........... like I said, I just wanted to bitch a bit!

OTHER POST:
Need to BITCH again........ 08-14-2009, 07:16 PM I can't win..........

So a few months ago, someone tells me about how they replace tailgates that bend cause the support is missing. So I go into the dealer and the lady says: we ONLY replace BROKEN tailgates. It needs to be broken before we can change it!

So, I am like........ok, I will take care of it. I have been doing some landscaping and my tailgate took a beating. It finally cracked on the top where it bends. Today, I go into the dealer thinking all will be taken care of but........suprise surprise.............

Sorry sir, you are over your KM'S and you are NOT covered. I was like.. tell me you are joking! He is like, nope, it needs to be under 60 000 kms. I said: When I asked, she said it needed to be broken........ no issues with KM's and now you are saying you wont do anything.

Now I have a cracked tailgate and high blood pressure. Can you say TOYOTA for sale!

So......... sucks to be me eh!!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
you sold your truck over $40?

edit, i mean $24 ..
Old 12-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^sorry to hear that but you could learn to do the everything yourself. You could also go to another dealer.

I would hunt another willing dealership before I let my truck go. Sorry man. Enjoy the Prius or Honda Civc, Insight? the dreaded Ridgeline...Why did you sell it?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
BSP4x4
BSP4x4's Tacoma Gallery
For some reason i don't think that was the REAL reason you sold your truck. Take a deap hard look at yourself in the mirror! Sorry to hear! Next time don't be so spontanious and reactive! Good luck...get a civic
Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
^sorry to hear that but you could learn to do the everything yourself. You could also go to another dealer.

I would hunt another willing dealership before I let my truck go. Sorry man. Enjoy the Prius or Honda Civc, Insight? the dreaded Ridgeline...Why did you sell it?
We live in Thunder Bay....... the next nearest dealer is Winnipeg..8 hours away...
Funny cause I was in there to talk to them...and some sale person says: let me take care of you...we can document the issues and I will give you a great deal on a 2010 prius... Well, when I checked it against the on line quote, it was $300 more...... great deal eh! lol
Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
i'd be sad too
Old 12-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
seriously? you sold your truck because of that?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery

Seriously? Come on man. I only hope there is more to this story than a filter change and $24 dollar diagnosis fee.

.....you may want to don your flame suit.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingInstructor View Post
We live in Thunder Bay....... the next nearest dealer is Winnipeg..8 hours away...
Funny cause I was in there to talk to them...and some sale person says: let me take care of you...we can document the issues and I will give you a great deal on a 2010 prius... Well, when I checked it against the on line quote, it was $300 more...... great deal eh! lol

Those guys are there to make money. Gotta negotiate man...
Old 12-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSandPearl4x4 View Post
For some reason i don't think that was the REAL reason you sold your truck. Take a deap hard look at yourself in the mirror! Sorry to hear! Next time don't be so spontanious and reactive! Good luck...get a civic
I agree..... it was the MAIN reasons....... I run a business and I have no time to play games. I deal with the Nissan dealer and they don't play the game. I just wish the Nissan product was better. Might lean towards a Nissan........ gonna wait it out for a bit. It was a tough decision to seel it! It's nice to ses someone looks at both sides...thank you!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #11
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
you said honda.you want a ridgeline.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

Seriously? Come on man. I only hope there is more to this story than a filter change and $24 dollar diagnosis fee.

.....you may want to don your flame suit.
see my last posts.... that might help.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingInstructor View Post
see my last posts.... that might help.

I did and it still sounds asinine.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #14
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, I bought my truck because of this forum. I'd keep it just to stay a member. Selling it over an air filter seems, hmm.. like you just played a game yourself. Very childish IMO.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Tell me you told the guy that bought it about TW? That way he can fix the compass and temp.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsole-fix.html
Old 12-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear, but I dont think I would sell my truck because of shitty service. Just buy it and never go back to them again.. Seems like there may be some other reasons you sold the truck. But Hondas are nice too for gas mileage so GL with your purchase.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
Tell me you told the guy that bought it about TW? That way he can fix the compass and temp.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsole-fix.html
yes i did...... and thank you fro the link!!! I will send it to him.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
i think you're crying over spilled milk..... there's plenty more milk out there you know.

there's 298612348 other ways to go about this other than selling your truck.

your first mistake.... was a bad mistake
Old 12-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad that it didn't work out for you!

On the bright side, I have owned a lot of Hondas over the years and they have been great. I know some people who own Ridgelines and they love them! Personally, I don't understand the attraction of a front wheel drive (aka AWD) truck but, like I said, people who own them love them!!

Good luck!!

Cheers.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #20
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
WTF is a safety inspection?