I wanted to start this thread as a supplement to piercedtiger's post and Crom's thread on this mod:
I started off by gathering the needed supplies:
1. Spool of 18 gauge wire (from radioshack)
2. Electrical tape and heat shrink tubing (not in pic)
3. 1 Female Blade Connector-- http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104016
4. 1 Wire tap-in squeeze connector-- http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104093
5. 1 butane lighter
6. 1 roll of electrical tape
7. Plier of your choice (needle nose or regular)
I opened the hood and popped the cover off the fuse box and then removed the appropriate relay
I used the needle nose pliers to place under the relay then pried it upwards. I repeated this on the other side because my hands weren't strong enough just to pop this off, LOL .
I then bent the prong on the right side (remember the orientation of how the relay plugs in) like this pointing to the inside of the vehicle.
I then cut about 8" of wire from the spool in the 1st pic, stripped one end to expose wire, inserted the female blade connector, and crimped it down
Next, I inserted the blade connector and attached it to the bent terminal on the relay and applied heat shrink tubing to help seal the connection (heat shrink tubing not required, but I wanted to do it. Alternatively, you can wrap it with electrical tape too.)
This is where I used the butane lighter to shrink the tubing onto the connection. When you do this, do not leave the flame in one place for too long, I would keep it moving along the length of the tubing until it shrinks. I did a sloppy job, but know now how to do it better (my 1st time with heat shrink tubing). If you're unsure how to do it, either practice before actually doing it or just use electrical tape.
I then went back to the truck and poked a hole through the plastic to run the wire through. Basically, where the green arrow is, stuck my knife there and in a circular motion cut out a hole just big enough for the wire to pass through
Next, I unplugged the harness that had the green wire and "isolated" it so that I would have more room to work
Then, I took the wire tap-in squeeze connector and placed the green wire inside it and then took the red wire and placed it on the other side
I crimped down on the wire tap-in connector and then closed it
Sorry for crappy pic, started to run out of daylight
Lastly, I plugged the relay back in and then the wire harness that has the squeeze connector back in, cleaned up everything and tested it out and VOILA--
Fogs now work when ignition is on! I hope this helps out other TW'ers who want to do this mod. Thanks to piercedtiger for the initial post and to Crom who answered some of my questions in his thread.