Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Group Buys

Notices

Group Buy RCBS204 4x4 LED LIGHT

Old 06-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #141
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I think my last shipment was 5 weeks

You live on the island, so you take longer.
I don't think the OP is a scam artist at all, but shit does get
lost at the post office. I have had 3 things shipped here from
the states since he labelled my item as shipped, so just trying
to figure out why his items are delayed.

I bought the rear view bracket from IMMRYO and it was here
in a week!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #142
SlickBanas is on a distinguished road
SlickBanas's Tacoma Gallery
add me to list

add me to the list. amber
Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #143
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickBanas View Post
add me to the list. amber
There is no list, you go to rcbs204's website and purchase what you want, pay by paypal, and it's good to go.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #144
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery

Just got all my lights done. So glad I got the illuminated switch to match everything else!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #145
SlickBanas is on a distinguished road
SlickBanas's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #146
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Name: Clément
elclem21's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the late reply on this, but I just came back home yesterday after being 10 weeks away for training.

As I was disassembling the 4x4 switch, I noticed a brown plastic piece was where the wires were supposed to be soldered. Further look at this revealed that this is a light holder. I assume a normal LED light could have been put there, but regardless, the wire plug is still not OEM wired to provide power to this part of the switch. Instead, I tried to run the wires through and twist them around. By putting this light holder back in place, it will force the wires to contact on the circuit, forcing the contact without soldering. a quick test with a 12v source revealed that this works.

Just another image of how I ran and twisted the wires through.

Of course this is the only change to the procedure for me. I still require to connect to the climate control dimmer circuit to make it work in my taco.

What do you guys think ?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #147
stardiamond is on a distinguished road
stardiamond's Tacoma Gallery
Received and installed my switch and it works perfectly. The hard part was taking the switch apart so I used the ends of some small tie wraps to stick into the space right along side the tabs to spread them a bit which made it easier to take apart. Once I got that done, the rest was fairly easy. Used a bent coat hangar to route the wires and used the T type quick disconnects for power. Reversed the wiring as was stated and I was good to go. I like the fact that if I ever decide to change the color, all I have to do is pop off the connectors, change the board and reconnect using a new connector. Thank you rcbs204 for a quality product! It's well worth the price but I'll never understand why Toyota didn't do that in the first place since the switch was basically designed to be lit up. Go figure. Maybe for the past several years they just forgot to to install them. Now I can show this off to the guys at work that own Tacoma's. No more taking a guess on those cold snowy winter nights as to where the darn switch is. Thanks again. I'd like a red white and blue one (yes, like our flag) for my next switch if I ever need one. Thanks again!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #148
Quebeker
elclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the roughelclem21 is a jewel in the rough

Canadian Army:
Name: Clément
elclem21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardiamond View Post
Received and installed my switch and it works perfectly. The hard part was taking the switch apart so I used the ends of some small tie wraps to stick into the space right along side the tabs to spread them a bit which made it easier to take apart. Once I got that done, the rest was fairly easy. Used a bent coat hangar to route the wires and used the T type quick disconnects for power. Reversed the wiring as was stated and I was good to go. I like the fact that if I ever decide to change the color, all I have to do is pop off the connectors, change the board and reconnect using a new connector. Thank you rcbs204 for a quality product! It's well worth the price but I'll never understand why Toyota didn't do that in the first place since the switch was basically designed to be lit up. Go figure. Maybe for the past several years they just forgot to to install them. Now I can show this off to the guys at work that own Tacoma's. No more taking a guess on those cold snowy winter nights as to where the darn switch is. Thanks again. I'd like a red white and blue one (yes, like our flag) for my next switch if I ever need one. Thanks again!
It is true, the switch was definitely designed to be lit. The connector is just not wired up to support it, like I mentioned in my previous post.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #149
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Free shipping until June 30th, then it goes back up, get yours before the 30th.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #150
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Last day for free shipping.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #151
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Free bump. If you are thinking of doing this, do it. I waited 3 years before getting the courage up to try it. It's easy, it finishes the dashboard the way Toyota should have done.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #152

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
The free shipping is now over, stick around for the fall sale.
Those of you that missed this one, may see another in a few months when the snow flies!!
S
Old 07-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #153
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Guess what arrived today???
Mailed June 26th, about right.

I have changed my mind about the install, I'm going to go with http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ight-mods.html and use the quick disconnects. Makes it easier if I need to be removing components from the dash as I do time to time.

Thanks tacoma4x4!!

The originally shipped item is either being illegally utilized by USPS or is sitting in one of their warehouses somewhere. Box was quite light so easily could get blown into a corner with the slightest of breezes.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #154

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
Guess what arrived today???
Mailed June 26th, about right.

I have changed my mind about the install, I'm going to go with http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ight-mods.html and use the quick disconnects. Makes it easier if I need to be removing components from the dash as I do time to time.

Thanks tacoma4x4!!

The originally shipped item is either being illegally utilized by USPS or is sitting in one of their warehouses somewhere. Box was quite light so easily could get blown into a corner with the slightest of breezes.

Good to hear it!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #156
Kanoodle is on a distinguished road

Kanoodle's Tacoma Gallery
So im assuming '14 is same as '13 and '12,s yes ? I read the arrow is the only part that is able to show light through right? My biggest beef is i cant even locate the switch on my dash at night without turning on my map lights. If i had the arrow illuminated i could turn it to accuate 4hi and 4lo just fine. I possibly might try drilling a tiny hole making a passage for 2h 4h and 4l for light to shine through if you think that might work? What are your thoughts and how much would it cost me to get just the light for the arrow for me to think this mod over, Thanks.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #157
Zackum is on a distinguished road
Army:
Zackum's Tacoma Gallery
Is this still available?