LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Mid West

Notices

Anyone near North Ridgeville, Ohio?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone near North Ridgeville, Ohio?

Anyone live near North Ridgeville, Oh? There's a manufacturer (Aeroforce Tech) that is making a 52mm gauge with capabilities like the Scangauge (they say it will have more features) plus it looks better and will fit into a standard gauge pod. They need a local tester vehicle. It has to be a newer 4.0L. You have to be able to stop by the shop for install and then again at a later date so they can check it out. They're giving a free gauge for your trouble.

You can check it out here (PM Todd on their forum for details):
http://aeroforcetech.com/forum/viewt...hp?p=3115#3115

Here's a video of their gauge on another vehicle (they're available in different colors):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3F6C...eature=related
Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Cool! I've been following their development of a Tacoma-compatible gauge for about 6 months. I hope it works out. I've even got a column dash pod ready for when they release it.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Looks like a nice product!! I'll be getting one of these for sure!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
\m/.....\m/
ph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ph16drive's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the R&D will be underway soon. Todd contacted me and I have to setup a date within the next week to take the truck to him. Here's what they're going to do:

"What we'll do is scan your truck for the parameters that we think our customers would be interested in. We'll program a gauge over the following week or two and give this to you to test for us. If it needs some tweaking we can do that and eventually we'll get it all straightened out at which time the gauge is yours."

sweeeeeet!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #6

Awesome! Be sure and give us a review and some videos/pictures.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #8

Did you get the gauge installed yet?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
\m/.....\m/
ph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haven't gotten it yet but I did received a pm from Todd today that they are still working on programming it. I did go to the shop last Monday (5/4) so they could connect thru the OBD-II and check/scan all the parameters. I believe it will be another week or so before the gauge is ready for testing. I'm planning on keeping everyone posted FOR SURE! I started work on a custom mount for it but I can't complete it until I have the gauge.

I asked if it could report trans coolant temp because I believe the Scangauge didn't have it and someone was looking for it (I could be mistaken that the Scangauge doesn't have this). Is there anything else that the ScanGauge doesn't have that people want? I can ask about it the next time I go there. It does have a performance record mode so that you can do 0-60 times and this info can be retrieved and reviewed after the "run".

Stay tuned . . .

Edit: Sorry, one more thing, the Interceptor gauge has a programmable scan rate so it can scan up to 20 times/sec as opposed to the ScanGauge's once/sec. There's a lot more but I'll save that for another post.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #12

Still waiting for the gauge??
Old 09-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #14
\m/.....\m/

UPDATE: Well, I got the gauge this past Saturday (9/5/09). It is AWESOME. I have to mount it now and I'm working on a custom mount for it. There's a TRD logo on it. There are still some bugs that the guys at Aeroforce are working out (like the trans temp) and when they get it fixed, they'll send me another gauge in exchange for the one I have.

Like I said, now that I have the gauge, I can start working on a custom pod for it right where I had my ScanGaugeII.

More updates and pics to come (soon I hope) . . .
Old 09-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph16drive View Post
UPDATE: Well, I got the gauge this past Saturday (9/5/09). It is AWESOME. I have to mount it now and I'm working on a custom mount for it. There's a TRD logo on it. There are still some bugs that the guys at Aeroforce are working out (like the trans temp) and when they get it fixed, they'll send me another gauge in exchange for the one I have.

Like I said, now that I have the gauge, I can start working on a custom pod for it right where I had my ScanGaugeII.

More updates and pics to come (soon I hope) . . .
Cool! Have you seen the custom pillar pod from loteck? I bought one of these for when they finalize the gauge.
http://www.gaugepods.com/toyota_t.html
Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 AM   #16
\m/.....\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Cool! Have you seen the custom pillar pod from loteck? I bought one of these for when they finalize the gauge.
http://www.gaugepods.com/toyota_t.html
I didn't know about lotek but I've had A-pillar pods before on other vehicles and wanted to try something different. I liked where I mounted my Scangauge so much that I'm making a pod that coutours to the area to the right of the instrument cluster - left of the stereo - and north of the vent. It's going to be quite tricky and involve a lot of trips from the workbench to the truck. Plus, I can run the wire through the vent into the back of the pod.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get the dark gray dash paint in a rattle can would you? I started a thread here but haven't found what I'm looking for. I owe a trip to the dealer this weekend to see if they can get it.

Also, is there a thread/link on TW that shows how to disassemble enough of the dash to get behind that vent? I know how to take the factory stereo out as well as how to pull out the 4x4 switch but I need just a little more disassembly to get the job done and I want to do the research before I try it and prevent breaking anything. What would be easy is if there's a way to remove the "slats" of the vent there - i.e. does it snap in or something?