Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Summer Oregon/Washington Tacoma Meet!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Summer Oregon/Washington Tacoma Meet!

Alright guys, new thread for 2010 trip HERE

Hey guys. I really want to get a bunch of us Oregon and Washington folks together for a meet! Whoever can make it. I was thinking some good ol' 4wheeling and camping in the Tillamook State Forest. Let me know what date ranges are good, and also any other ideas for a location if someone has one.

Update: were now voting on the date of the trip here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...tml#post655388

Get your vote in so we can get a definative date and get this thing rollin'!
To those who are planning to come, check out this 4-wheel checklist of things to bring and check beforehand
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...gear-list.html

Here is the official map of the Tillamook State forest trail system:
http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/docs/0...HVGuidemap.pdf
Old 05-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Come on..... gotta be some guys interested in this.
I'm in but can't do any crazy four wheeling, I have a very pretty prerunner and I can't get my skirt up high enough to dig it out if I needed to

I'm always down for a PNW meet! Count me in, I'm good for camping and such...

Don't get me wrong, I love wheelin' I just don't want to damage my brand new truck!

Rob
Old 05-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Hey, AZ guy here but I'm moving up next month for about 5 months or so for business... if there's any trails pre-runner friendly I'm definitely down for it. Stock height TRD OR (e-locker and air down helps soooo much). I'll be up there at the most by June 22nd so... say maybe sometime that week to throw out a tentative date? (not including the 22nd lol)

I'll be in the Hillsboro/Beaverton OR area.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool, sounds good. If we end up with some decent 4x4's and a good number of prerunners, then maybe we'll try do a easier run for the prerunners, and a bit tougher one for the 4x4's. Prerunner guys can ride along with the 4x4's or maybe go too if they dont mind being winched up the trail if there are some difficult spots? IDK, just a thought.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on where everyone want to meet. Racinkid13 and I are in the Seattle area. If people wanted to make the drive Reiter it is fun and there is always Tahuya. Both have stock friendly areas and more technical (read carnage) area to them.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'm down with driving anywhere. I don't know what my schedule will be until I get there but... I usually have 3-4 days off a week so...
Old 05-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #9

hmm, that Reiter system looks pretty nice. But, going all the way up there would be about 9hrs for me. From seattle to the tillamook trails would be about 4 hrs for you guys, and probably about 5 for me. We could get more guys from the portland/salem area to go the the TSF probably. I dont know how you'd feel about driving that much though.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Quote:
hmm, that Reiter system looks pretty nice. But, going all the way up there would be about 9hrs for me. From seattle to the tillamook trails would be about 4 hrs for you guys, and probably about 5 for me. We could get more guys from the portland/salem area to go the the TSF probably. I dont know how you'd feel about driving that much though.
I like this interest, I'm always down to drive anywhere... and appreciate folks looking out for us prerunners!

Rob
Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
I like this interest, I'm always down to drive anywhere... and appreciate folks looking out for us prerunners!

Rob
hey, rob. where do you hail from?

Also, I know that my friend Tim (timicha on here) would be interested in this as he actually lives in Tillamook. He could help us with getting our camping spots and maybe a little insight as to which trails could be handled by who, too. Plus, I know that I have another friend or two that would probably come.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #13
romeo oscar bravo

Quote:
hey, rob. where do you hail from?
Seattle...
Old 05-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #14
TodaGuy is on a distinguished road
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Got your pm Relentless and im good to go! TTORA has a oregon meet here soon, http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...d.php?t=132027 . We were invited. But whatever works for me so count me in!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #15

hmm, that could be interesting. We'll have to see what other people think and what dates work out the best.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #16
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero niner View Post
I'm in but can't do any crazy four wheeling, I have a very pretty prerunner and I can't get my skirt up high enough to dig it out if I needed to
Sounds like you and I visit the same dress aisle

but yeah, I ain't scared of a lil' dirt and unpaved adventuring - I bought a 4x4 knob, I intend to twist it so long as the parts and body shop doesn't establish a first-name basis with me.

I could do a weekend TSF, but any more would be impossible - my time off is tied up in my brother's wedding, and things are hot and heavy at work which keeps me tethered.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:45 AM   #17

Sweet, hope you can make it then, Chicken!

Lets try and get a few more in on this, then set a date and see if anyone else wants to come between then and the actual meet. This should be a cool trip!
Old 05-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #18
TodaGuy is on a distinguished road
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
How far out of a date are you thinkin? I don't really have too much planned this year but im still healing after a broken collar bone so I can't do much lifting and sort for another few weeks.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #19

not really sure on a exact date. I was thinking i'd try and make a trip up there beforehand and scope out some of the trails, then try and do the trip a couple weeks later. I'm getting out of college for summer in a week and a half, then need to make a little bit of money before I do the 'prerun' trip. So at this point, maybe early/mid july? The weekend after the 4th(like meet on the 10th, wheel on the 11th,12th?)? Lets hear what works with you guys.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #20
romeo oscar bravo

Quote:
not really sure on a exact date. I was thinking i'd try and make a trip up there beforehand and scope out some of the trails, then try and do the trip a couple weeks later. I'm getting out of college for summer in a week and a half, then need to make a little bit of money before I do the 'prerun' trip. So at this point, maybe early/mid july? The weekend after the 4th(like meet on the 10th, wheel on the 11th,12th?)? Lets hear what works with you guys.
So now that we're making plans, I'm unavailable for Sat July 18th but am free on the 19th and 20th, my job is 5 days a week but we are open every day so I have to work on some weekends. I think we've got some interest and as summer quickly approaches I think we should start throwing out some dates and see what will work for everyone. I'm looking forward to this!

Rob