Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's with 884 Coils

Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #21
REDdawn6 is on a distinguished road

REDdawn6's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to jack but , Is it possible to get more lift from a Bilstein 5100/ OME 885 combo ? Does it have to be at 0? I am looking for 3" up front ? I have a 2011 DC 4x4.
I also wouldn't mind using Eibach springs if I can get more lift with the Bilstein/Eibach combo.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDdawn6 View Post
Sorry to jack but , Is it possible to get more lift from a Bilstein 5100/ OME 885 combo ? Does it have to be at 0? I am looking for 3" up front ? I have a 2011 DC 4x4.
I also wouldn't mind using Eibach springs if I can get more lift with the Bilstein/Eibach combo.
I wouldn't use the 885s if you are going to use the Bilsteins at anything other than 0. Go with the Eibachs, then you can use the adjust-ability of the shocks to get as much lift as you want.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #23
REDdawn6 is on a distinguished road

REDdawn6's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Bj. That's what I needed to hear.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #24
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by parboy View Post
5100's are set at zero, just using the 884's to get the lift in front. I just used 5100's in the rear as well, straight swap out of the stock shocks. Just wanted to level the truck out. I don't have any updated pics in my profile, but will add some soon to show the new look.
Would like to see your pics after lift,thx..
Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #26
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Just for reference, this is what 5100s set at 0 with 884 coils and 1.5" TSB AAL looks like.

And from far away.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #28
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nguyen View Post
Just for reference, this is what 5100s set at 0 with 884 coils and 1.5" TSB AAL looks like.

And from far away.
j. nguyen could you please pm me your measurements front and rear from center of hub to wheel well??? I have the Toytec Lift kit from my 08 PreRunner that I am getting ready to put on my 12 PreRunner Sport. Kit comes with 884x's, 2" aal, and the top plate spacers. I am trying to decide if I need to use the top plate spacers to get it to sit completely level, or if it will be level without the spacers!!! Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #29
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nguyen View Post

And from far away.
Very nice truck. I should have my installed this week. Hope mine looks as well.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #30
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo02cop View Post
j. nguyen could you please pm me your measurements front and rear from center of hub to wheel well??? I have the Toytec Lift kit from my 08 PreRunner that I am getting ready to put on my 12 PreRunner Sport. Kit comes with 884x's, 2" aal, and the top plate spacers. I am trying to decide if I need to use the top plate spacers to get it to sit completely level, or if it will be level without the spacers!!! Thanks in advance!!
Pm'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Very nice truck. I should have my installed this week. Hope mine looks as well.
Thanks. Looks even better in person!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
j. nguyen - thanks for the measurements!!! Looks like I will need to add top plate spacer or get 5100's and set them at .75 to get the front to sit level with the rear 2" aal I have, or swap my 884's with someone for 885's!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
j. nguyen - thanks for the measurements!!! Looks like I will need to add top plate spacer or get 5100's and set them at .75 to get the front to sit level with the rear 2" aal I have, or swap my 884's with someone for 885's!!!
Post up pictures after you're done!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #34
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I will just throw it out there that I have Red Eibach Springs off my baja that I can sell you. They only have 15,000 miles on them. The only reason I swapped mine out was the bumper and skid plates I added were heavy & I wanted my prebumper ride height back. They are a 650 lbs Spring rate.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
I will just throw it out there that I have Red Eibach Springs off my baja that I can sell you. They only have 15,000 miles on them. The only reason I swapped mine out was the bumper and skid plates I added were heavy & I wanted my prebumper ride height back. They are a 650 lbs Spring rate.

How much do you want for them, and are they equal to the 885's?? My main thing is that I want the front and rear to sit as close to level as possible. When I had the lift on my 08 it sat level with the spacers. Wish I could find someone that has the 884's and 5100's set at .75 with a 2" aal so I could see pictures of how level it sits!!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #36
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How much do you want for them, and are they equal to the 885's?? My main thing is that I want the front and rear to sit as close to level as possible. When I had the lift on my 08 it sat level with the spacers. Wish I could find someone that has the 884's and 5100's set at .75 with a 2" aal so I could see pictures of how level it sits!!
Well my Baja sat a tiny bit higher in the front than the rear. It was right around 1.75-2" of lift. The Coil is a 14" long. Now I am not 100% sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't give you the 2" your looking for. Someone on here might be able to chime in with better advise.

If you want them I think $100 shipped would be fair. I think they are $100 a piece new + they are Red and say TRD on them. PM me if you are interested.

I am not sure what the spring rate of 885's are, but these are 650lbs.

Check out this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...vs-eibach.html
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #37
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 5100s should be left at zero when paired with 884s, you can set them at .85" with eibach coils that toytec offers, not the baja eibachs. You would be better off with 885s and a small top plate spacer if you are going for 3" of lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Well my Baja sat a tiny bit higher in the front than the rear. It was right around 1.75-2" of lift. The Coil is a 14" long. Now I am not 100% sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't give you the 2" your looking for. Someone on here might be able to chime in with better advise.

If you want them I think $100 shipped would be fair. I think they are $100 a piece new + they are Red and say TRD on them. PM me if you are interested.

I am not sure what the spring rate of 885's are, but these are 650lbs.

Check out this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...vs-eibach.html
Im pretty sure those baja coils will not work with the spring perch on 5100s, the springs are flat on the bottom and top correct? They are not the same coil springs that everyone refers to with a eibach/5100 combo. The spring rate on OME 883-885 is about 590 lbs, i think stock spring rate (not the baja) is 540lbs

There is some good info on the baja suspension in this thread if you ignore all the flaming
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ause-baja.html
Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #38
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to all for your comments. Installed today: 884's, 5100's, 1/4" driver side spacer, and AAL. Got approx 2" lift and truck drivers better than OEM. Now I need tires.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #39
All I Do Is Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Thanks to all for your comments. Installed today: 884's, 5100's, 1/4" driver side spacer, and AAL. Got approx 2" lift and truck drivers better than OEM. Now I need tires.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #40
Kick A$$ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
The 5100s should be left at zero when paired with 884s, you can set them at .85" with eibach coils that toytec offers, not the baja eibachs. You would be better off with 885s and a small top plate spacer if you are going for 3" of lift.

Im pretty sure those baja coils will not work with the spring perch on 5100s, the springs are flat on the bottom and top correct? They are not the same coil springs that everyone refers to with a eibach/5100 combo. The spring rate on OME 883-885 is about 590 lbs, i think stock spring rate (not the baja) is 540lbs

There is some good info on the baja suspension in this thread if you ignore all the flaming
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ause-baja.html

Yeah you are totaly right! I forgot about that. That is the same reason I wasn't able to put a OME spring on my truck.

I am already in that thread and it's not too bad now that more people are seeing that it is better than just a 5100 setup.